Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This is killing me.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default This is killing me.

I went out tonight and missed a doe at 30 yards,is there any chance that the time my bow had dropped it moved my sights?They are tight and everything but it has to be the case there is nothing wrong with my bow as far as I can tell,I have gone through half a dozen arrows in 6 days,tonight was the final straw I am getting new arrows in the am and hitting the target to see what is going on.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

Could also be that me and this bow just dont see eye to eye,I dont plan on using in next season I am either going to get my bow out of the basement and have it restrung or I am going to buy a bear truth 2,my bow in the basement I have shot small birds out of bushes with it so it cant be I am a bad shot,I know there is no excuse for the buck I missed yesterday but numerous other shots in the 25-30 yard range I have been missing like crazy and those are the shots I practice most when target shooting.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Fork Horn

Everythings different when theres a deer standing in front of you. I wouldnt blame the bow id be practicing as much as possible if I were you.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
I went out tonight and missed a doe at 30 yards,is there any chance that the time my bow had dropped it moved my sights?They are tight and everything but it has to be the case there is nothing wrong with my bow as far as I can tell,I have gone through half a dozen arrows in 6 days,tonight was the final straw I am getting new arrows in the am and hitting the target to see what is going on.
After you dropped it, the first thing you should have done was go and check it with a target.
A Drop can, and will move the sight, it could even move the sight bracket, which moves the sights.

Good Luck.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

When your bow is tuned and shooting well, take some time to measure the critical things, like the rest centershot, tiller, how far from the nock point your peep is, etc. Also, you can make reference marks with a marker to be sure your sights and rest have not moved.

New arrows don't seem like the issue to me. More likely you are dropping your arm or something when you shoot at deer.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:42 AM
Fork Horn

Check your whisker biscuit as well. Knocked mine off early in the season. Ended up scaring the heck out of a nice buck with the arrow flying 8" over his back.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by UncleNorby
When your bow is tuned and shooting well, take some time to measure the critical things, like the rest centershot, tiller, how far from the nock point your peep is, etc. Also, you can make reference marks with a marker to be sure your sights and rest have not moved.

New arrows don't seem like the issue to me. More likely you are dropping your arm or something when you shoot at deer.
Thanks for the tips guys,the reason for new arrows is cause I have none left to shoot,I could probably take a metal detector and find them in the leaves but the spot I am hunting is a 3 mile walk so I am just going to buy new ones,I actually dont jerk or lower the bow when shooting that was a mistake I would make when I first started bow hunting,I will let you all know the results of the target shooting.