Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Going Camo!

Old 11-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default Going Camo!

So ive had my Marilin XL7 chambered for .270 win for a year now and i cant say anything bad about it! i love it, im hitting dimes at 100 yards! it was only 350$, it was a steal. I originally had it in synthetic black, my dad got it for me for a gift. i like synthetic its cool but i like wood to. but to change it up i got some camo gun tape! how do you guys think it looks? almost as legit as a gun with a camo pattern? any of you guys used it in the past? (i know it doesnt really matter if my gun is camo for hunting but i thought id change it up)
Attached Thumbnails Going Camo!-dsc_0001.jpg  

Last edited by huntingkidPA; 11-15-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

Not to bad jor just using camo tape. Hope its not the stuff that lets moiture get under it and make it peel off and leave a crappy sticky stuff behind tho. my buddy did that once with his only shotgun and boy did it look bad afterwords. lol
Old 11-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've thought about using the tape before, but I was mainly concerned with how well it would adhere to the stock and if you take it off if it would harm the finish. That looks good, better than I would have thought. Where did you get the tape?
Old 11-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
I've thought about using the tape before, but I was mainly concerned with how well it would adhere to the stock and if you take it off if it would harm the finish. That looks good, better than I would have thought. Where did you get the tape?
i got this at dicks sporting goods, looks nice, you can get it in a cloth or vinyl, the cloth is a big hassle to get off from what ive heard but this is a no mar type. lots of different camo patterns, its called hunters specialties real tree no mar gun tape http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/se...un%20tape&sr=1
its 5$ and when i was putting it on it seemed to stay on very nice and came off smooth as butter, i had a little trouble on the bends of the rifle but it worked out ok, i used some electrical tape to get the job done as you see.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by blueahlijr
Not to bad jor just using camo tape. Hope its not the stuff that lets moiture get under it and make it peel off and leave a crappy sticky stuff behind tho. my buddy did that once with his only shotgun and boy did it look bad afterwords. lol
lol it says no mar so im hoping not, anyway its a synthetic rifle so i could just wash it
Old 11-16-2010, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

If you ever take the tape off and it has a gooey residue left behind, buy a product called "Goo Gone." It does an awesome job removing stuff like that.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

looks nice