Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

lightfield hybred exp

Old 11-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Spike

Default lightfield hybred exp

anybody try these I hope they have alot of knock down and get the job done there 2 3/4
Old 11-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

they are very accurate...only problem is the all lead slug is very soft...does an amazing job at mushrooming...BUT, if you are shooting at a deer say inside 75 yrds..they will not exit....around 100 yrd they will i ffigure from less velocity. So, if you dont mind a very sparse blood trail from an entrance wound only...they are ok. I have been shooting them for years and havent swithc cuz my gun eats them well and if you hit em right you dont track very far anyways. side note--if you are shooting 20g..i recommend finding another slug...have had the above problem but worse with wofe and son shooting 20g Hybrides...they flat out dont bleed period from 20g...still die just as well...but you WILL have to go looking
Old 11-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Typical Buck

They have worked very well for me in the past.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:46 AM
Spike

I have very good luck with these slugs as well, paired up with an Ithaca model 37 I don't think they can be beat for accuracy. I haven't had the problem mentioned above yet, but I also haven't really had to do any tracking either. I did have a problem with the hornady SST slugs not expanding though.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot Brenneke KO Sabots (not the same as other hybrid style KO slugs). They are 63 caliber, 1 oz. I've shot deer at 30 and 50, and they hold together well. At 30 yds, shot through both shoulders, slug did not exit but was laying under hide on far side. It was mostly intact. The 50 yd shot was a neck shot and passed through. Neither of these deer took a step. A small sample size but I do feel they are pretty tough and will give exit holes on most hits. Better for blood trailing even if the trail is short.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

As roger raglin would say " light field makes the best slugs" i love em nothin else in my 870
Old 11-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

from my Remington 11-87 12ga. they are the only slugs I use, took many, many deer with then, as well as a bear without a problems