Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What does everyone think about on stand? >

What does everyone think about on stand?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What does everyone think about on stand?

Old 11-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Honestly, I think about past hunts and where I hunted over the years, the deer I shot and the ones that got away. I start thinking the night before gun season when I'm up in the loft, everyone is sleeping and I recall some of my earliest hunts with dad. Then I figure out how old I was and it dawns on me how many years ago that was and realize I am not young anymore. My thoughts go back well over 40 years. Then the next morning I think a whole bunch about God and my savior Jesus Christ and how he could have created such beauty in the blink of an eye. How amazingly perfect! A chickadee, upside down picking a hemlock cone. A mouse, a grouse, maybe a big red headed wood pecker, sometimes even a deer, perhaps the most amazing animal on earth created just for us. I wonder how it can get more beautiful. Someday it will because of Gods promise to me. "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind as imagined what Got has in store for those who love him" 1 Corinthians 2v9.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

after a couple of hours

yeah i bet the family isn't even up yet,

dang its cold

my butt hurts

wonder whats going on at my other stands

why do i see deer when i have no gun or bow and driving, yet when in the woods where they live I dont see crap
Old 11-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Spike

First couple of hours...dang squirrels...if I shoot one will I see anymore deer...at least it'll be quiet for awhile
Old 11-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Starts off looking every which direction, an hour in whats that noise O its a squirrel, 2 minutes later whats that noise o its a squirrel, whats that noise o its two squirrels. 6 does walk in "why exactly do I have to get the ugly duckling reject does why cant there be a buck with them, I wonder if angelina jolie waxes? whats that noise O another squirrel. I bet I could jump from my treestand to that tree 10 feet in front of me. Whats that noise? O its just a squirrel. What am I gonna do if my lower part of my climber falls? What would I do if I saw big foot walking through? I shouldnt have eatin sloppie joes for lunch. I should have clipped that branch im such an idiot.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol are we being honest? lol seems so...
im onna just skip #1, and go right ta #4...usually about designing a functional warming sock lol
Old 11-12-2010, 05:55 AM
Spike

was it this cold when i left the truck, how much money is the wife spending shopping while im up here, if i could get that chipmunk to drink a energy drink would it run in the same crazy random circles , and last but not least if i was to catch a hawk could i train it to catch these friggin squirrels for some slow time entertainment
Old 11-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

I usually sit in my stand looking at every possible hole in every bush to see if I see any movement whatsoever. I constantly have my head on a swivel trying to figure out what direction that deer might come from. I say to myself..."if he comes from that this direction I'll wait till he passes this tree and then he's getting blasted. Then by late afternoon when I haven't seen anything move but some damn birds in the thicket making all kinds of noise I say to myself...." Damn! The deer aren't moving, I having seen ****!" "My knees, my back, my ankles are killing me!" Then I start thinking about being at home, sitting on the couch next to that warm heater in my sweats watching college football and drinking a cold beer. Then I say to myself..."I'M OUTTA HERE!" "I'll try again tomorrow."
Old 11-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

1 - Deadlines at work
2 - Bills I owe
3 - Unfinished chores at home
4 - How much it's going to suck to leave the hunting camp and go home to reality.
5 - Repeat above

Old 11-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Dominant Buck

GOD...

I bring my New Testament and have hunted like this with much success..

I read 20 chapters total in my stand..

Read 5
Give a deer call

Read 5
Deer call

By the last call it's about 11:00

Other things I think about..
SCAN SCAN SCAN..I never hear deer ..they sneak up ..so I read a couple verses...meditate on them and scan. If I see a deer I slide the New testament down my shirt and get on that deer.

I think about God all the time.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Fork Horn

Yo Chuck you ain't the only one. I get more deer and bear with my little bible in my hand. I think it makes time go by without being bouncy..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.