Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

? for deer scent users

Old 11-08-2010, 05:45 AM
Spike

Default ? for deer scent users

I was wondering what you all use for scents during deer season. Its getting close to the rut, and I've tried the buck bomb which is the aerosol can. Is the bottles like tink's or code blue better or do you prefer the spray? What is you favorite deer scent to use during the pre-rut or rut?
Old 11-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Spike

I've tried various scents, but the one that seems to bring them in more than any is Tinks #69. I don't know if it is just the deer around here or what, but they love the stuff. I have pretty much stopped using everything else. My only true complaint is it is such a high price for such a small bottle.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

david how did you like the buck bomb? I was thinking about trying one but dont wanna spend the money if they arent worth a damn
Old 11-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Spike

I've used it twice. The first time I used it I didn't have any luck b/c the club beside us let their dogs out and started running deer. The past Saturday, my dad and I both put some out and he heard a deer blow at him. I don't know if it was b/c we were hunting on the ground and the deer may have smelled him. We were using the "Doe P" one. Probably going to try the doe in estrous this weekend.