Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Plan B for next Saturday

Old 11-07-2010, 05:28 AM
Spike

Default Plan B for next Saturday

My dad and I have been hunting for the past 3 Saturdays on the ground and have yet to see a deer, that wasn't run by dogs. We are hunting public land, but (knock on wood) we've only seen 1 other person there. I guess we are going to take our treestands next Saturday and try that. I don't know if they are smelling us on the ground or we just haven't figured out where the deer are. If we take out treestands, we have ladderstands so we will have to take them out everytime we go. Is this what you all would do if you were in our situation?
Old 11-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

is it rifle season or bow? Im with you on that one I have a summit viper and alothough very comfortable its very bulky and annoying to carry. I always choose treestand over groundblind in 99 percent of situation your above there nose you can see further distances in most cases and usually have less of a chance of getting busted by the deer. Maybe change spots find the does and the bucks will come concentrateon natural funnels thats what I do and Ijustmissed 2 8 pointers in ten minutes yesterday. Also just because youv only seen one guy doesnt mean other people are there. Public land you gotta go as deep as possible and then walk some more. Good luck