Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

need a pick me up

Old 11-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default need a pick me up

Went out in jersey this morning since i filled my tag in new york. First light nice 8 point comes in I put the pin on him and shoot my bowstring caught my arm and sent the arrow flying not even close he ran off. 10 minutes later im sitting there and i hear grunting and then see another 8 pointer even bigger walking opposite way of me i grunted aggressively he turned around and walked 5 yards in front of my stand, I didnt compensate for the distance and shot rite over him he woulda been my biggest deer yet. He was rite there and I blew it i coulda jumped on his back. Any chance of this deer being back soon? I hunt a piece of property that nobody else hunts at all for like 3 square miles.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been out four full days and not seen anything except 3 does, and that was on a buck-only day. Does that make you feel better?
Old 11-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Dominant Buck

I saw one tiny doe 10 yds away..and I have a torn ligament in my left knee that could hinder more hunting..the doe busted me and archery is now over..

So there..firearms right around the corner...thanks be to God I have a job { -;
Old 11-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Spike

Could have been worse, You could have made a bad hit on em instead of missing completely!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn that sucks dude, im sure if you sit in a good spot another one itll be by sooner or later. I was out duck hunt'n this morning, got some trigger time in and crumpled 4 mallards and missed a few too but thankfully no crips, coulda killed a full limit if I stuck around but my waders took on water and it got mighty cold. You should try that for a pick me up
Old 11-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

Last Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, last night and starting at 6am this morning I was in the stand. I haven't seen a single deer while sitting in the stand, not a one. Maybe it's because there are deerdogs chasing everything within five miles of my stand clear into the next county?? That couldn't be the reason because "them deer come right back in an hour or two." They aren't even getting time to eat before the dogs are dumped back into the woods.

You had shots on two 8pt bucks within ten minutes, feel better now?