Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Almost

Old 11-06-2010, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default Almost

I went hunting yesterday morning and sit until around 10:30 said heck with it so I got out the blind and started down the hill,well i get to about the bottom where these little trees are taking the place over they are what we call creeping charlies,anyway I hear all kinds of noise in these little trees so I bend down to try to see what all the noise is about,turns out it was a squirrel and a turkey,being as close to thanksgiving as it is I was going to wait it out until the turkey gave me a shot,while I was waiting I heard another noise to my left well I looked over to my surprise it was a heavy body 10 point not even 10 yards away and he has no idea im there problem is these little creeping charlies are so thick I only had about a 3" hole to shoot through well long story shot I missed,I made a rookie mistake by not waiting for him to get about 5 more yards where I would have had a 2 foot or better gap to shoot through.I was still amazed with it all,here I had been walking up to the top of this big hill and these bigger bucks have been staying at the bottom traveling the lower sides.Try again this evening I guess.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wink

But you got to admit it got you fired up right? I bet your encouraged even though you missed just seeing a nice Buck after a bit of a dry spell thus far. He will be back so be smart be ready and put him in the peep again real soon Blackhawk. I'm staying home this weekend something I have not done in a month geting rest and ready for my next quest,a Buck. Later Hawk good hunting tonight.