Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

SD Card Question

Old 11-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default SD Card Question

Don't really know where this question goes in the forum but i figured i'd ask it here.

We have bought a new game camera but we are having issues with viewing the pictures from the new camera. It shoots in jpg format which all of our old cameras shoot in jpg too. So i dont really know why the unit that we use to connect the SD card to the tv will only show pictures from the older units.

Anyhow, does anyone out there use anything to view the pictures while they hunt?

(i'm a pc man not a laptop man so thats outta the question.)
Old 11-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

i have a garmin gps that takes SD cards and thats what i use when im in the field. isnt the best quality for viewing but it sure beats that hell out of taking it home with me to look at
Old 11-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

I would venture to say the newer camera is storing the pictures in a different folder on the card. I have several Moultrie cameras and the newer ones will make a folder on the card that is named different the older camera. If I take a card from an older cam and use it in the new one, there is a brand new folder created. Your older camera only knows where it would store the pictures and not see all the pics on the card.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

The new camera may be a SDHC (secure digital high capacity). SD and SDHC cards are not compatible with each other. A card reader must be compatible for SDHC for it to access SDHC files.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

What i found is that some digital camera's (not a game camera) will read the photos on the card. I took one of my digital cameras to the woods and put the memory card in it from my trail cam. It wouldn't work but my buddy put the memory card in his digital camera and it would view them. So if you don't want to bring the card back to your PC I would take a few digital camera's and you might get lucky, one of them might allow you to view the pics. You might also just get an extra card and when you go out take the new card out and bring the old one with you. Then when you are ready to check it again just switch the card again.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Spike

just buy another sd card and switch them out.... thats what i did my can didnt read the pictures but my hunting buddys did so to avoid all problems i bought another card and swap them out...