Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How big is this deer?!?!?

Old 11-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Spike

I'd be happy to come shoot it and let you measure it then if you want to. Sorry, couldn't resist! I saw one just like this last night and passed it up by slamming on the brakes since I didn't want to make it a hood ornament on the front of my Blazer. So I understand your concern about the highway. If you let him go, you may never see him again or he may never get any bigger, you just never know.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

Id shoot him lol
Old 11-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Spike

Well gentlemen, instead of the voice of reason I was looking for, you've only confirmed my thoughts: Buck fever is almost impossible to fight. I guess I am but a mere man who is weak for whitetails. Looks like there is a decent possibility of Mr. Buck seeing me like so....

Me so hornie (for whitetail racks of course!)
Pete
Old 11-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice looking buck good luck on bagging him!

dd
Old 11-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Spike

And here are the others on the wall.....
Attached Thumbnails How big is this deer?!?!?-img00131.jpg   How big is this deer?!?!?-img00130.jpg  
Old 11-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

Nice bucks on the wall! as far as seeing the same deer year to year. Deer follow patterns. Scrape lines, rub lines etc. Set a camera up on a scrapeline. when you get a buck on it, cover that scrape up(with leaves etc.) and more likely than not, that same buck (among others)will be back to check it. Deer are also territorial, to an extent. Except during the rut where bucks will travel literally MILES, they generally stay within a certain square mileage. Of course like I said that is assuming that other people pass on them/ practice QDM. Around us, the 130's walk, and it is a generally excercised practice around the county...so the likelihood of seeing the deer the following year is better than you'd think. It's especially neat to find sheds, and then see the deer of those sheds the following season. I realize this certainly isnt everywhere but..around us thats not uncommon