Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Another Big Wisconsin Deer

Old 11-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

WOW! Nice
Live it up! Doug
Old 11-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

Very nice buck! Part of the reason WI is producing so many monsters this year is partly because the corn stood for much of the hunting season's and a lot of guys are doing QDM and letting not only 2 1/2 year old but also 3 1/2 bucks go. Let go so they can grow!
Old 11-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ksharvester
man i might have to move to WI. im in ks but never seen anything that big
Do not complain about Kansas! people pay thousands of dollars to go hunt in your state from my state of ny.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

thats gotta be a 170" deer. what a brute.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Ohboy
what a stud

I know and how about the deer he's holding also !!!!! LMAO
Old 11-05-2010, 03:51 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
Very nice buck! Part of the reason WI is producing so many monsters this year is partly because the corn stood for much of the hunting season's and a lot of guys are doing QDM and letting not only 2 1/2 year old but also 3 1/2 bucks go. Let go so they can grow!
Another reason for the big bucks in Wisconsin, aside from good food and a patient hunting culture, is Bergmann's rule: the farther north you go, the bigger the animals tend to be.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

I'm not a scorer but I'd have to say that's gonna be at least 180's or more likely 190's. Look at the width and the length of those tines. And the mass.

That deer was shot in the Wild Rose area (where my wife was from and 5 miles from where I grew up). That pic came at the time of registration at Lauritzen's Sport Shop and Mobil station.

I've hunted that area most of my life until about five years ago when I got on private (leased) land 30 miles away. Friend said a HUGE 12 pointer ran by my box stand this week when he was clearing roads of trees (from wind storm) on the land.

And you are correct about the QDM. All the land owners in our area have an agreement to let the little bucks grow up and it's really starting to show.

Last edited by warbirdlover; 11-05-2010 at 05:19 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BillBrasky
Another reason for the big bucks in Wisconsin, aside from good food and a patient hunting culture, is Bergmann's rule: the farther north you go, the bigger the animals tend to be.
Thats very true about the men and women too.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Wow, what a deer!!! If I used his sheds to call in deer in our area, the echo would scare off all the bucks and does.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

Preliminary guesses from the guys here at work (some pretty reputable deer scorers) put the deer around the 200" gross green score. If they're anywhere near correct score, this could very well be a new WI typical record buck. There are more pictures on the D&DH forum in the WI state section. The hunter actually has last year's sheds from the deer and it was even bigger then. Lots of huge bucks coming out of the state this year. Shhhh don't tell anyone, Wisconsin is definitely a sleeper state and well-kept secret when it comes to monster bucks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.