Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

wifes first deer (pic added).

Old 11-04-2010, 01:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default wifes first deer (pic added).

My wifes been hunting with me for three years now. well yesturday we both sat in a new double tree stand that she help me set up. At about 8:30 in the morning a doe walked out and she shot it with her 44 magnum lever action rifle. she damn near jumped through the roof of our stand with excitment. and what a shot, drops it right where it stood. well we get out of the stand and find out its a nice little spike horn. I would have to say after that she is hooked on hunting for life.

Sorry it took so long to post the pic. i had to resize it and i'm not that good at that stuff.
Attached Thumbnails wifes first deer (pic added).-jennys-11-3-2010.jpg  

Last edited by ruger357w; 11-07-2010 at 04:13 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:29 AM
Typical Buck

That is awesome. My wife is deer hunting with me for the first time this year. She sat in the blind with me a couple times last year and watched me hunt. But this year she has a new TC Encore blackpowder gun of her own. If she likes it and sticks with it, I will get her a rifle barrel for it next year.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:26 AM
Fork Horn

Way to go.
Tell your wife I said congrats on her frist deer.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats to your wife for getting her first deer .I just wish i could get my wife out to hunt with me ,but that will never happen .But she will go fishing with me so thats good lol.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

I also forgot to tell ya we need pic of your wife with her first deer .
Old 11-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

That is great.congrats to her on the kill and for sticking with it..
Old 11-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well the family that hunts together stays together

dd
Old 11-04-2010, 11:44 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ruger357w
My wifes been hunting with me for three years now. well yesturday we both sat in a new double tree stand that she help me set up. At about 8:30 in the morning a doe walked out and she shot it with her 44 magnum lever action rifle. she damn near jumped through the roof of our stand with excitment. and what a shot, drops it right where it stood. well we get out of the stand and find out its a nice little spike horn. I would have to say after that she is hooked on hunting for life.

Maybe work on properly identfying her target better, far cry from spike to doe ?????
Old 11-05-2010, 01:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife has hunted the past 12 years with me. Last year she took her 21 deer, she cant seem to get enough of it now. I used to have to take her to her stand, now she takes off on her on. She will even gut her deer now, think this year I will teach her how to skin it.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your beloved and to you as well for gently geting her to give it a try.Now you know we must have pics with big smiles and a proud husband. I'm thinking about puting my ML in my wifes hand and I'll use my bow the rest of the year so she can take a wack at one.She shot expert in the ARMY with her AR. Once again great job!