Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Shot a doe tonight could not find her..... >

Shot a doe tonight could not find her.....

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shot a doe tonight could not find her.....

Old 11-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Spike

Default Shot a doe tonight could not find her.....

I am going back out tomorrow morning hopefully will figure out where she's at. I had a good blood trail until we got a wire fence, then it just stopped. I am thinking she might have started back when running into the fence but not sure and it got dark on me and will no clue which way she went from there I had to call it a night. Shot her around 5pm temp was about 42, suppose to get to 37 tonight...whats the odds of the meat being good if I can find her first thing in the morning. Thanks in advance. Scott
Old 11-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

you should be good... make sure she didnt run back the same blood trail and then turn off.... could have walked right past herfollowing the original trail
Old 11-04-2010, 03:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Things should be a lot easier to decypher in the AM. Hopefully it will be an easy revoery, but if not, remember persistence pays. The meat will be fine.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck to you hope you find her.We all hate to lose a deer but sometimes it hapens as long as we give every effort to fine her thats all a person can do .
Old 11-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Spike

Well I wish I had a better update but the doe is no where to be found. We got back out first thing this morning and went back to the last place we could find any blood. After not finding a new direction from there, including walking back the blood trail looking to see if she doubled back but no luck. We then started grid searching the woods where the blood stopped, with no other signs. Then we did a wide sweep around all the boarder to see if we could find a new blood trial with no luck. I feel really bad about this, I believe my shot was good, however I think I might have only got one lung as she was qtr towards me when I made the shot. Anyways I thank you all for your advise and just wanted to update everyone.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

That sucks man. Atleast ya gave it an honest go in finding her, that's what counts.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unhappy

I would think one lung would put her down and if you hit high you may have gotten the liver as well. I bet she is dead and all the blood is in her belly. Sorry to here you could not find her today. Press on to the next one,good hunting to ya next hunt.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by schaffee10
I am going back out tomorrow morning hopefully will figure out where she's at. I had a good blood trail until we got a wire fence, then it just stopped. I am thinking she might have started back when running into the fence but not sure and it got dark on me and will no clue which way she went from there I had to call it a night. Shot her around 5pm temp was about 42, suppose to get to 37 tonight...whats the odds of the meat being good if I can find her first thing in the morning. Thanks in advance. Scott

She will be fine, I would almost bet she did not cross that fence a wounded deer is always going to take the path of least resistence. Leaving for the night was a good choice you never know what you might over look or cover up by trampaling through the woods in the dark. Not to mention spooking her further