Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting in the rain

Old 10-31-2010, 04:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default hunting in the rain

im am not a fan of hunting in the rain. ill do it and have waterproof equipment but its more of a morale thing for me. also it depends where im hunting. if im hunting a place that isnt local i will stick it out. how about you guys do you hunt in the rain
Old 10-31-2010, 05:15 AM
Spike

It depends on temp and intensity for me. If it's a light on and off showery type rain and temps in the mid 50s to low 60s I'll be out there all day. One thing I like about the rain is it quiets my footsteps on the forest floor so I'll hunt the ground instead of hanging out in a treestand. If it's a moderate to hard steady rain, I'll be at home drinkin beer.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

I don't mind sitting in the rain at all...it's that windy cold rain that pelts you in the face I'm not a fan of...
Old 10-31-2010, 09:17 AM
Spike

I don't like the rain but it won't stop me from hunting. I have taken a few deer in the rain and that is a few more than I would have taken if I stayed how.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

If its a light to moderate rain I love it and will hunt all day in the stand. Wen it gets really stormy and last all day ill stay home but if its only guna last a hour or so ill still go but hunt out of the blind.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

Much like others said,I love hunting a light rain with a little fog,if its a heavy rain I might hunt but once the lightning starts I am running for the car lol.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it is a driving rainstorm, I sleep in. Otherwise, I am there. That is why I bought the rain-gear in the first place. Have had a lot of good things happen hunting deer in soft, cold rain and drizzles. Especially in the breaks of the rain.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:39 PM
Spike

Like everyone else I dont mind hunting in the light rain either. In fact i killed a nice 7 pt at about 11am a few yrs back, it was a light drizzly rain, & temps in the 40s. The buck was checking a scrape line. However, if it begins to thunder and lightning, Im outta there.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:09 AM
Spike

Still hunting on top of corn flakes is just goin' for a hike with a gun/bow
Rain quiets down the footsteps. For me, the worse/crazier the weather, the more I feel like going out... I guess it's the adrenalin junkie in me!
Old 11-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

Like Mojo said, I too am a fan of the breaks in the rain... You can't be there for the breaks if you aren't there when its raining!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.