Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Any signs of rut in the midwest? >

Any signs of rut in the midwest?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any signs of rut in the midwest?

Old 10-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default Any signs of rut in the midwest?

I have only been out twice this week and have seen one 6 point buck didnt pay much attention to his neck size or anything,I am wondering if anyone is seeing any signs of bucks rutting any swelled necks or anything I am in illinois and thinking about going out this evening let me know what you all are seeing.Thanks
Old 10-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

im going out as soon as i get off work ill let you know when i get back to town if i notice anything.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

I'm out everyday here in Kansas and I haven't seen the signs that rut has begun. Should be starting soon! Deer movement has improved with the cooler temperatures! As with Ksharvester I'll let you know when I return!
Live it up! Doug
Old 10-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Spike

As far as the rut i have seen Bucks pushing Does, and scrapes four with 15 acres to be exact. I have only seen what looked to be a 10 point Buck sporting a swelled neck. Running into a little 6 point Bucks home. But who knows maybe it is the 10 Points home and the 6 point will leave i can only hope as my tree stand is not more than 80 yards away. The 6 point doesn't have a swelled neck yet, i see him every day i am out, he is what i like to call my little management Buck you can guess what will happen to him if i get a clear shot.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Spike

They are starting here in MO. Have several large active scrapes and all of the mature buck are swollen. Have seen a few pushing does.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

No sign of rut here tonight. Should start next week tho!
Live it up! Doug
Old 10-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Spike

I am from wis and i seen six bucks last night. Did the primos can call and a 15inch 10 point came running right to my tree. The other bucks were spikes and 4 point. They all were grunting and chasing any doe they seen. The temps have been in the 30 during the day and got into the teens last night so that helps i think. I have been getting pic of a big 8 pointer during mid morning all week so i am going out in the morn to see if i can get an arrow in him.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:49 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

The bucks are on their feet cruising and chasing. I know of 4 P&Y bucks killed yesterday alone. The scored from 130-150. Today is opening day of youth rifle season in MO. Getting ready to take my son out.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smile

I don't think the rut has begun here in southern Indiana yet but the chase faze or Bucks pushing the Does is beginning as I witnessed it yesterday. Tuesday night I saw a 6 pointer who seemed to be giving a big Doe a little extra attention as he followed her into the woods. They are scraping and making rubs as of Thursday night. I went out in that high wind you guys had in Kansas Wednesday but had to get out of my stand because it was a cold wind. I went for a walk trying to still hunt for a while and came upon a nice scrape with a licking branch hanging down.I thought it was a man made scrape at first buy it was a bucks hoof marks all around. I noticed a rub line also which confirms a Buck is working about 300 yards behind my stand site. Later Blackhawk.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:40 AM
Spike

They are well into the rut around Dayton, Ohio. The 12 point i am after is really chasing the does around!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.