Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

??????????????????

Old 10-27-2010, 06:48 AM
Spike

Question ??????????????????

what time do you guys wake up on opening morning????
Old 10-27-2010, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I'm finished sleeping.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

I don't think I ever fall deep into sleep opening night of any new aspect of the season. I personally get up at 4:00 am every morning hunt I shower make coffee read my bible meditate a while and head out about as awake as I can be. I like to be in my stand,I use a climber, an hour or hour and a half before sunrise. I think the longer things settle down the better and I take my time geting set up which helps cut down on the sweating. Do I need to be up there so early? Maybe not but thats my way of geting ready for a great day. Good Hunting To Ya!
Old 10-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default On average, when I wake up

Of course, I've avoided opening day in our state like the plague. It mattered in a state with a two week season. But with a long season, now, I started to hunt during the week. By myself. And avoided a lot of the newbies. That's a reward in itself.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'm usually up around 4:30-5:00. i shower, eat breakfast and get the stuff loaded up in the truck. it usually gets light around 7 so i'm usually in the stand by 6 or 6:30
Old 10-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

Usually get up around 500... get out to the stand.. then the fight to stay awake begins lol :P
Old 10-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

Im up at 4:30am and im so pumped im in the stand at 5-5:30am
Old 10-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah im one of those guys that can't sleep, get up a good two hours before its legal time to shoot, and get to my spot a good hour before light. I just get way too excited and I take every moment I can during gun hunting to be in the stand since our season here is only 9 days!! Plus the ppl that hunt around me are the kinda ppl that come in just before legal shooting hours and they typically push the deer right to me
Old 10-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

I get up at 4:30 to hunt.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since daylight saving time takes affect early in the season, I make it a point to get up, get all my to-do's done and be in my treestand 30-45 min before legal shooting hours begins ( 30 min before sunrise). That may be a 3:00am wakeup....whatever it takes.

I love being all set just knowing I have that much time before I can even see, never mind shoot. To me, it's the absolute best time of the day for me. Knowing as the sun begins to rise, the woods will soon be alive with birds, small critters and hopefully that big old whitetail buck that may make that one fatal mistake. His mistake: Letting me see him before he sees me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.