Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Laughing Deer,Repost

Old 10-25-2010, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smile Laughing Deer,Repost

For what ever reason my title was displayed but no post with it,I had some sort of computer problem I apologize for that. I have had a challenging bow season thus far to say the least and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm seeing a lot of deer late in the evening for the most part but all but two out of range. This saturday morning I got up on stand at 6:00am it was a moon lit morning no light needed to get in or up for the hunt. 15 minutes after geting locked in the deer came through right under me all around me and not one busted me I was amazed that they could be that close and not scent me. I was 15 feet high just inside the woods with a south east wind. Now I know deer do not laugh,well I don't think they have a vocalized laugh but as they seemingly danced all around my tree and in front of me I could imagine them saying,"You can't shoot us ha! ha!". It was 6:15 to 6:20 or so I think and they moved through and out of sight by sunrise. I pulled an all dayer 13 hours and 15 minutes on stand to see if they have begun moving during the day. Around 2:00pm I had a button buck in the stream with a doe behind him,he played in the stream head butting a fallen tree having a fun time for at least 15 minutes and then they moved on. At 7:00 pm 6 does past through a field some 80 yards out and out of sight. If I had to give my hunting time a title it would be,To Many Deer,To Far Away With To Little Light. Just thought I would share what I'm sure many of you are expierencing thus far this season. Good Hunting To All.

Last edited by doetrain; 10-25-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:57 AM
Typical Buck

Good story and exactly how my season has been going funny thing is that I have only had 2 deer in range as well,I look for everything to change when the rut starts to kick in usually after halloween.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

It will happen. You got the does by ya. Hang in there the bucks will be in there once the does turn hot. Good Luck!