Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Bucks R moving in the south....... >

Bucks R moving in the south.......

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bucks R moving in the south.......

Old 10-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bucks R moving in the south.......

I moved to Ft Jackson, SC after last yrs deer season. I've been working my tail off this summer and early fall. I have some bucks coming in. Not monsters but with a bow definately a trophy to me. All my pics have been at night now the deer movement has been at sunrise all the way to 1030 am. Theres deer getting hit by cars all over by my house. Is this the rut already?

I'm going out tomorrow morning to a new stand that has a new rub line. Then jumping to my bow stand at 9 am to catch the deer before they come in. I have a photos that show a nice 8pt lip curling. A doe eating then a buck scent checking a couple minutes later. Bucks chasing does past my stand. I have had thousands of photos off this stand, and there hasn't been activity like this until now.

I figured since it was the south the rut would be later. Anyone else seeing this in their area?
Attached Thumbnails Bucks R moving in the south.......-cdy_0010.jpg   Bucks R moving in the south.......-cdy_0168.jpg   Bucks R moving in the south.......-cdy_0324.jpg   Bucks R moving in the south.......-cdy_0307.jpg