Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scrapes??

Old 10-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Scrapes??

Ok everyone I was just wondering where most everyone on here finds their scrapes at or where deer have scrapes most often? In the woods, off the side of trails, feild edges ect.. I find scrapes every year but not very many and i have several bucks, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place..
Old 10-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Spike

I generally find scrapes within 100 yards of a known bedding area. it is generally used in my family's hunting club as a good place to start. Your really want piss the buck off that left the scrape go to the store and by some intruder buck that being said do not go get the monarch piss it might push the deer in the area out of the area. just go get some weak intruder piss and put on the scrape. the area buck will come out and snort and huff scrape the piss out of the twigs in the area. I have personally seen the happen twice but then again we have tried it way more time than that with no success.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

benches, points, timber transitions, old roads basically any good travel corridor should have a couple. A lot of them are made and never hit again though.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Spike

On my property we have a lot of fields and draws with timber in them. On the edge of fields with overhanging hardwoods I find a lot of scrapes. Also in the draws with overhanging branches where the deer don't have to be too exposed I find a lot of scrape lines and rubs.