Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Fixed blade planning.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

I have had it happen to me once. It turned out being the cheap broadhead I was using. Looked like I was throwing a curveball.
I second the rage 2. Im not sure where all this penetration stuff originates but I have had no problems with the rage 2. I will say that they are a one and done blade though. All three that have hit a deer this year ended up with bent blades.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Spike

Yes i did practice with my Broad heads and they hit the same as my field points or pretty close if not right on. This being said i did not know why in the hell they would get that far pushed over if the wind could not do it and i am telling you right now that i did not hit a small twig open air from the shadows to sun 45 to 50 yards put my 40 yard pin on her back and the arrow was flying like a champ at the pump station and then at the last second veered to the left about a foot right online in height to the kill zone. Like something was wrong with the fins or something may have been fixed blade panning by wind or it may have not been. Hunting in my mind is a series of direct thoughtful steps to improve ones chances of taking an animal, by eliminating the possible distractions interferences and troublesome equipment along with other things to increase ones chances and occurrences of taking deadly shots at game animals. I approach hunting in a very binary way. Did what i change help my chances or did it not. See what i am planning on is now carrying two pair of broad heads with me one for beyond 30 yard shots expandables and ones for out to 20 yards but not beyond the fixed blade broad heads, if it increases my chances of taking an animal i will keep the configuration if it does not i will scrap it and move on to the next thoughtful idea to increase my chances of taking or increasing the occurrences of a deadly shot on a game animal
Old 10-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
I have shot deer in shoulder's, spine shot a few bucks and even killed one with a head shot. All shots were my fault. One year I wounded (5) bucks before I hung up the bow for the season.

LMAO, and you got the nerve to tell someone else to stay out of the woods because they had a clean miss?
Sounds like you shoot as well as Stevie Wonder!
Old 10-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Immature yes, experienced hunter yes, Immature only because Im hung over right now, experienced because I have done everything wrong in hunting before and I learned from mistakes. I have shot deer in shoulder's, spine shot a few bucks and even killed one with a head shot. All shots were my fault. One year I wounded (5) bucks before I hung up the bow for the season. Tell me something, did you practice with your broadheads before you went out? If you didn't then don't blame it on your heads, blame it on yourself. And leave my mother out of this, Dorty Mantooth is a saint!!
hopefully that bow is still hangin there never to be used again!!!!?????
Old 10-22-2010, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SuperRedHawk
LMAO, and you got the nerve to tell someone else to stay out of the woods because they had a clean miss?
Sounds like you shoot as well as Stevie Wonder!
That is funny but Im not being fake, we all have shot missed, hit a shoulder, whatever. If your saying you haven't and made any bad shot's then your the man
Old 10-22-2010, 05:09 AM
Spike

I agree with those above who suggest the arrow was deflected. If your arrows didn't behave that way while practicing, then they wouldn't decide to act funny while shooting at a deer.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Immature yes, experienced hunter yes, Immature only because Im hung over right now, experienced because I have done everything wrong in hunting before and I learned from mistakes. I have shot deer in shoulder's, spine shot a few bucks and even killed one with a head shot. All shots were my fault. One year I wounded (5) bucks before I hung up the bow for the season. Tell me something, did you practice with your broadheads before you went out? If you didn't then don't blame it on your heads, blame it on yourself. And leave my mother out of this, Dorty Mantooth is a saint!!
If you shot and lost 5 deer in one season I'm pretty sure u need to hang it up for good. That's. Ridiculous. As far as the broadhead planing off all u need to do is to tune your arrows to your fixed blades by practicing with them.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Cannonw24
If you shot and lost 5 deer in one season I'm pretty sure u need to hang it up for good. That's. Ridiculous. As far as the broadhead planing off all u need to do is to tune your arrows to your fixed blades by practicing with them.
Yeah I know, I was 13 when that happened, I am 30 now.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

Ive lost two from the time I started hunting when I was 13, Im 26.