Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
disgusted with the weekends hunt >

disgusted with the weekends hunt

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

disgusted with the weekends hunt

Old 10-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default disgusted with the weekends hunt

Saturday morning was opening muzzle loader and at about 8 am a nice thick eight pointer came walking in. Had gun rested on my shooting rail and sights right on him, shot at 60 yards and missed. WTF... so stayed in my stand and about two hours later I look behind me and there stand an even larger 10 pointer at about the same distance. I aim and shoot and miss!... Just went out shooting las weekend and was sighted in at 100 yds. So after this horrible morning I went to the range and gun was way off, must have knocked the scope out while riding the quad. Hopefully they will come back for gun season
Old 10-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Typical Buck

Wow, that is terrible. I had a similar experience but at the target range instead of hunting. I had my gun about right and took it out one more time and it wasn't even on paper. Turned out the rear scope ring was really loose. So I tightened it down and took it out again to re-sight it in.

I hope you get another chance at those guys.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh dude, that really sucks.I have the urge to go tonight the season is open,but I don't hunt deer until at least October 25.So Ive just been cleaning house, doing dump and recycle runs.And drinking a few beer. Waiting for the hockey game to start.Vancouver Canucks playing off against the Carolina Hurricanes. I love hockey.Vancouver better win this one.The game is at 6:00 pacific time That would be 7 mountain 8 central 9 eastern.You should watch it.Great sport.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 10-17-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

yea i have been hunting for about 12 years and they are the biggest bucks I have ever shot at... where I have always hunted so many people hunted the neighboring farms and would shoot anything that walked so I was very happy to get the deer in my avatar. Started a new lease this year and the large buck population is so much greater. So hopefully Ill have another shot!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure you will. Seems to me you are in a great location.You'll bag a Mr. Big within the next week .I don't pray but I can hope.I expect to see a hell of alot of pics by this time next Sunday
Old 10-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Red face

I had nothing like what you had happen this weekend but if I did I would be very disapointed as well. We work hard to get in a situation such as you had only to find out something is not what it needed to be,aka a sighted in weapon. I don't believe in Greek Mythology but at times don't you feel like the GODS are playing cruel tricks on you? I have a situation where I have had 3 dozen deer in clear sight of my position only to have them stay just out of bow range all but 2 times so far. Saturday I thought I was going to have a nice Doe give me a shot I can take 30 yards or less. She came from over a 100 yards toward my stand had no clue I was above her and when she got around 35 to 40 yards away hangs a right into the thicket and I had to shake my head and say LORD are you testing my patience and perseverance? I go to my favorite corn field that evening get in early and undetected. 7:30 rolls around no Deer in sight I pack up and head to my car. I look out in front of me about 300 yards and there they are close to my car I left 2 hours earlier. 4 nice big juicy Does and a Buck with some size but they were at the wrong end of the corn field. I had never seen them in the part close to the road,once again all I could do was say thats hunting and close another weekend with no meat in the freezer. Good hunting to ya Bro and I hope they give you another shot later in the season.