Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Deer Hunting Tips on Shot Placement >

Deer Hunting Tips on Shot Placement

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Hunting Tips on Shot Placement

Old 10-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Spike

Default Deer Hunting Tips on Shot Placement

It’s that time of year when outdoorsmen feel a certain giddy longing that they don’t feel during the hot summer months. They can feel it coming on stronger like a quickening and can smell it in the crisp clean fall air. It’s a feeling like no other. Like a deeply planted seed rooted completely into your soul. And when this feeling comes around. The big game deer hunting season has arrived!

With a childlike enthusiasm you know it’s now time to dust off your hunting gear. Sharpen you hunting knives, oil down your deer hunting rifle; test your tree climbing equipment and stock up on hunting supplies such as hunting clothes, deer scents and maybe a new grunt call. But before the opening day of the hunting season arrives and it’s time to do the necessary pre hunting rituals that all good experienced hunters always do every year, such as scouting for deer sign, looking for tracks, scrapes, rubs and scant. Finding a good climbing tree stand or ground blind placement can sometimes seam difficult and downright unnerving. You want that perfect spot were you know you will always see the game that you are pursuing. And you want to be able to take the correct actions when the big moment arrives to bag that huge deer of a lifetime. So here are some Supreme Deer Hunting Tips that can help you take that big buck that you have always dreamed of. Deer Hunting Shot Placement

Before we begin I would like to tell you a story. A story about myself and why I have written this article. As a young boy I was naturally attracted to nature. My father was really not an outdoorsman. We went fishing at times but never went hunting. As I got older a friend of mine, Bob invited me along with him on a deer hunt. I loved it and I was from that day on, hooked for life! I proceeded to purchase my first deer hunting riffle, a 30.06 Remington. We hunted every single year and he would always harvest a deer. Usually a spike or a four pointer, but I had bigger plans. Deer Hunting Shot Placement

I wanted to get those big eight pointers with the nice heavy racks. I proceeded to test every location in every situation I could find. I read and consumed every deer magazines known to man like a mad man. Bob would always say, “Why do read those things? You won’t be able to get big dear like in those magazines”! He couldn’t have been more wrong. He refused to take pointers from any of my books or magazines. Don’t get me wrong, my friend Bob taught me a lot of the basics and good tactics. He was a very good teacher, but at some point I began to get bigger and better bucks than the teacher.

As I read all the magazines and books and I would learn new ideas and strategies. Bob would hunt the open woods and I would hunt the thicker stuff. I started to take nicer and larger bucks each year. And Bob, Well… let’s just say, he has a whole garage full of spikes and four pointers on the walls. Deer Hunting Shot Placement

Deer Huntng Tips on Shot Placement

Now even though I learned a lot from those hunting magazines. They never really helped me with some critical things. Stratagies that I had to and had learned in the field. Like spotting that perfect place to put a stand in any hunting location. Or the perfect way to spot a deer and take the shot without ever losing the game. Let’s face it, if you can’t find the perfect spot to hunt from, you will never see deer, see enough deer or get consistently close enough to take deer when you’re hunting. And if you don’t know the correct way to spot, respond and shoot the deer, you are not going to have that huge rack on your wall or venison in the freezer.
For this and more great articles, tips and discounts on all your outfitting needs check out this site deerhuntinginfo.net

I’ve had to learn that the hard way. By years of trial and error. I have decided to put the best advice I have learned out of all those years, brake them down into a few critical tips and provide them here. They may not seem to be much on the surface. But they may be some of the best tips you may ever find. Deer Hunting Shot Placement