Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Why do TV shows make it look so easy? >

Why do TV shows make it look so easy?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: Why do TV shows make it look so easy? Multiple choice
They're pros
2.70%
They have money and go to outfitters with a lot of deer
100.00%
They get lucky
2.70%
They know exactly how to manage high deer herds
2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Why do TV shows make it look so easy?

Old 10-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Why do TV shows make it look so easy?

You're watching the hunting shows and they always just see deer after deer and buck after buck. Why do you think this is?
Old 10-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

Lack of hunting pressure.
Large tracts of land.
Intense deer management.
Many many hours/days in stand.
And of course $$$

I can sit in my best stand and see 4-6 bucks a day, but may only see a shooter 2-3 times a season.
This is where time in stand, pressure and management come into play.
I'm sure I would see more shooters if I spent every waking hour in stand.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

They pay big bucks to see big bucks and they want to make it look easy so they can say "I couldn't have done it without my scent blocker suit, scent killer spray, these really expensive hunting boots, my oakley sunglasses, this matthews bow, a ford F-550, bad boy buggy, or my lone wolf stand." At least that's what I think. I still watch them just to see big deer down. Its just entertainment though.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default TV Shows

are not about real hunting. Besides they have to use part of that long half hour of hunting to sell products.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

They spend a lot of time and do lots of editing, so the footage is going to show the best of the hunts. So I do think they put their time in. But the money and outfitters give them the opportunities to go to places where they can get this footage. I don't doubt that having good soil to plant stuff and using corn flingers and other bait makes it easier to have a good herd. All in all, I can see past the BS and it's kinda why I prefer watching western hunts to eastern whitetails. Or I at least would rather watch a bowhunt to such gun hunts.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Spike

The hunters on tv are basicly set up in a tree stand in a highly managed area. Most have no hunting skill and are far from being pros! A pro hunter is some who can kill a deer on public land with the time his schedule allows. And also be happy with any deer he kills.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most hunting shows are no different than people going to a dairy farm to hunt cows.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lots of editing, lots of time in stands and of course getting to hunt some of the best places in the United States. I do not agree that most are not good hunter though just because they get to hunt the honey holes. Not all but many were good hunters hunting and killing big bucks on the same kind of places all of us hunt before they became celebrities, that is why some are where they are at now. But some couldn't kill a deer on their own in a garage with the door closed. I know a couple of the celebrity hunters personally and it is a hard profession to be in and a lot of long hours on the road away from your family. It's not all the milk and honey we all see on TV.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't voted, but the true hunting warriors will tell yah straight.

They've put in many hours and earned their rewards, with often them coming up empty handed. Plus, it helps to have the world at your disposal saying "Come hunt here, there's a monster you have to see!" (for a small fee of course)

iSnipe
Old 10-16-2010, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Centauri View Post
Most hunting shows are no different than people going to a dairy farm to hunt cows.

amen.. I cant stand hunting shows anymore

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.