Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Helpful (maybe) idea

Old 10-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Helpful (maybe) idea

Like many of you I hunt alone, as I am getting older it is getting increasingly more difficult to load my deer into my truck, so I came up with this Idea, This works much better with a full bed pick-up, now with a short bed Toyota I had to cut this down a little. It still works quite well but not as good as with the full size.
simply (2) 2x2s 6' (1) 24" X 5" piece of plywood (1/2") and a couple of cross members, these cross members serve two purposes (1) to stiffen the unit (no wise cracks) (2nd) to ensure you can get a grip on the handles, those with full size beds just add appropriately.

You will have to tie the deer to the lift (they are slippery)

Bottom Look

After the deer is loaded, simply lift one end on the tail gate and then go to the other end and lift & slide it, You do have to maneuver the cross members a little to slide it in, but it works well

Any one else with some Ideas, Doc
Old 10-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you use your idea "upside down", the cross-pieces would not be in the way. The plywood would slide right in the truck.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Great idea. I am glad i'm still young and i'm glad the juices are flowing when i try and lift a big boy in the truck. But when i get to the point of needing this, i'll make it.

D