Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Doe Decoy

Old 10-13-2010, 04:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default Doe Decoy

Guys,

I got a doe decoy from my kids last year after hunting season but am not really certain how to best use it. Does anyone have any tips on how to best utilize this decoy?
Old 10-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

put it in an area where you suspect a dominan buck to roam... during the rut you may get lucky and get one curious
Old 10-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

Put some doe in heat on it in a good spot during the rut. Best guess. BB
Old 10-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 Flambeau deer decoys. One standing grazing and the other is alert doe/breeding doe. I also bought a small 6pt rack to use on it as well.
I have had mixed results with both. My most memorable is when I used the doe deke in a grass field with doe-in-heat on her. I placed toilet paper in her ears on clips and a piece on her tail area for movement. I has does come out in the field at 60-80 yds and just go ape chit over her, snort, stomp blow, on total alert over her. I 150-160 class 10 ptr stopped coming into the field just because of this.
Next day, same stand, same wind, added the rack, killed a doe 6 yds over the dekes back while it fed in the grass. Never batted an eye towards the buck deke. Now WTF!?!?!??! I have had more success using it as a buck than a doe. Both the feeding and alert deke.