HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   heard my neighbor has spotted pieball doe albino help (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/331732-heard-my-neighbor-has-spotted-pieball-doe-albino-help.html)

syrupman 10-12-2010 12:26 PM

heard my neighbor has spotted pieball doe albino help

i heard from someone that is not my neighbor that my neighbor has seen a pieball doe or albino doe...i most likely will shoot it if i see it but should i?.....i dont want to spend the money on a full body mount and i dont have the room for it...could you get a head mount and the skin tanned?....just to make sure pieballs arnt a type there just defective deer that come from regular orange whittail deer

ADVWannabee 10-12-2010 01:10 PM

Shoot it if you want, stuff it if you want; they aren't special. Yea, they are rare, but they are deer. I just missed a chance at a 6 pt piebald one year. A hunter just around the hill shot him. If that hunter wasn't there, he was heading right to me and I would have shot him.

Jimmy S 10-12-2010 04:44 PM

Yes, I agree with syrupman, shoot if you want. It's not a defective deer. My son shot a big NH piebald doe 2 years ago. Very cool for sure.

Night Crawler 10-12-2010 05:16 PM

piebald is a retard deer, full albino is rare. you definatly need to get rid of the piebald.

PY Antlers 10-12-2010 05:25 PM

Go ahead and shoot it, they taste just like the rest.

2 Lunger 10-13-2010 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Night Crawler (Post 3701155)
piebald is a retard deer

What??

you definatly need to get rid of the piebald.
Why?

Mr. Deer Hunter 10-13-2010 07:46 AM

Its not a skin pigment as much as it is a different color in fur.

The Pennsylvania native Indians believed that it was bad luck to shoot a albino deer. Then again, we cheated them out of their land 300 years ago - so how smart did that make them?

bigcountry 10-13-2010 07:52 AM

I say shoot it if your going to do something with it. I never saw one so, I shot this one last year. Kinda torn about it. I got the entire cape/hide tanned for 110 dollars. So if I decide to get a shoulder mount, I can.

So bottom line is it didnt mean enough for me to get it mounted, but mattered enough to make sure I have the option one day.

apache7051 10-13-2010 07:54 AM

if it was me and it was a "albino" i would not shot it....they are very rare atleast in PA where i live...i would much rather leave it go and give others the chance to see it...ya im sure some of you are going to say well if you dont shot it the next guy will...that might be true but my opinion i would just let it go....

UncleNorby 10-13-2010 08:17 AM

Piebalds are pretty cool. I don't think I'd shoot one, never had the chance. I did shoot a deer in KY that had white "socks" on its front legs. The white came up at least 6 inches on both legs.

I don't care if they are defective or not, shooting them is not going to cure any problem in the herd.

bigcountry 10-13-2010 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by apache7051 (Post 3701498)
if it was me and it was a "albino" i would not shot it....they are very rare atleast in PA where i live...i would much rather leave it go and give others the chance to see it...ya im sure some of you are going to say well if you dont shot it the next guy will...that might be true but my opinion i would just let it go....

I respect that position. But couldn't the same be said of a 190" buck? Let others have a chance to see a magnificent animal?

mackesr 10-13-2010 08:45 AM

Big Country makes a lot of sense! I guess it boils down to how you feel. I have never shot one myself, though I did see a piebald doe one time while hunting. I thought it was a goat that escaped from someones farm, LOL! Then I saw several does following behind and figured it out. It was buck season only, so I let her walk......

bigcountry 10-13-2010 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner (Post 3701679)
another classic idiotic statement, skin pigment is what determines the hair color.
RR

This cat is on a roll RR. He believes the tips of accubonds shear off in flight, and that headspace is the distance the bullet takes to hit the leade/lands. I am just sayin.

Jeff Ovington 10-13-2010 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner (Post 3701808)
looks like he's also GONE!
RR

GOOD..It's about time...

Night Crawler 10-13-2010 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Lunger (Post 3701311)
What??

Why?

Piebald is inbread deer. there is a diff between piebald and albino. the above post with pic is a pibald, albino all white with pink eyes. the piebald being a retard inbread deer is what I was told by NC wildlife peops. I have seen 2 and they were both retarded acting. till they fell a death.