Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
heard my neighbor has spotted pieball doe albino help >

heard my neighbor has spotted pieball doe albino help

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

heard my neighbor has spotted pieball doe albino help

Old 10-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default heard my neighbor has spotted pieball doe albino help

i heard from someone that is not my neighbor that my neighbor has seen a pieball doe or albino doe...i most likely will shoot it if i see it but should i?.....i dont want to spend the money on a full body mount and i dont have the room for it...could you get a head mount and the skin tanned?....just to make sure pieballs arnt a type there just defective deer that come from regular orange whittail deer
Old 10-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

Shoot it if you want, stuff it if you want; they aren't special. Yea, they are rare, but they are deer. I just missed a chance at a 6 pt piebald one year. A hunter just around the hill shot him. If that hunter wasn't there, he was heading right to me and I would have shot him.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I agree with syrupman, shoot if you want. It's not a defective deer. My son shot a big NH piebald doe 2 years ago. Very cool for sure.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

piebald is a retard deer, full albino is rare. you definatly need to get rid of the piebald.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

Go ahead and shoot it, they taste just like the rest.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Night Crawler
piebald is a retard deer
What??

you definatly need to get rid of the piebald.
Why?
Old 10-13-2010, 07:46 AM
Banned

Its not a skin pigment as much as it is a different color in fur.

The Pennsylvania native Indians believed that it was bad luck to shoot a albino deer. Then again, we cheated them out of their land 300 years ago - so how smart did that make them?
Old 10-13-2010, 07:52 AM
bigcountry

I say shoot it if your going to do something with it. I never saw one so, I shot this one last year. Kinda torn about it. I got the entire cape/hide tanned for 110 dollars. So if I decide to get a shoulder mount, I can.

So bottom line is it didnt mean enough for me to get it mounted, but mattered enough to make sure I have the option one day.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:54 AM
Spike

if it was me and it was a "albino" i would not shot it....they are very rare atleast in PA where i live...i would much rather leave it go and give others the chance to see it...ya im sure some of you are going to say well if you dont shot it the next guy will...that might be true but my opinion i would just let it go....
Old 10-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Piebalds are pretty cool. I don't think I'd shoot one, never had the chance. I did shoot a deer in KY that had white "socks" on its front legs. The white came up at least 6 inches on both legs.

I don't care if they are defective or not, shooting them is not going to cure any problem in the herd.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.