Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

444 Marlin Leverlution Ammo

Old 10-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 444 Marlin Leverlution Ammo

Anyone have experience with this ammo on white tails? I have used my 444 very little .... mostly on feral hogs. Never shot at a deer with it. Right now I am using my hand loads .... using Gold Dot bullets. Seem to do fine on 75# - 200# pigs. Guide Gun) while hunting in woods where my shots will not be longer than 75-100 yards.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lightbulb

LeveRevolution.

I don't have experience with the 444 ammo, but I do with the 30-30. I'm also very happy with the performance of the bullet as well. Not so much on impact, but how it's bc has improved, the speed, energy and trajectory over the round nosed bullets. I'm thinking the velocity isn't so much an issue as it could be unless you're using a longer barrel, but I used the 336, so that doesn't qualify! I did notice the flatter trajectory though, so I am also thinking the pointed shape of the bullet is helping the bc and everything else.

On paper it looks to be a superior option than the others out there, but in the real world, it's your gun that's going to make the decision if it will work or not. Lucky for me my gun likes the LeverRelution! 336 rules. LOL!

iSnipe
Old 10-12-2010, 03:57 AM
Typical Buck

I'm in the same boat as you, I took a nice hog with mine shooting the LeveRevolutions and I couldn't have been happier with the results!

I can't use them here on white tail here in Indiana so I'm just gonna have to get out of state and try it! Damn the luck!