Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

camcorder for filming hunt

Old 10-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Spike

Default camcorder for filming hunt

I'm thinking about maybe getting a camcorder for filming my hunts. I will have to do it by myself. I know nothing about camcorders so I will need ya'lls help. I saw the new kodak playsport
http://www.kodakoutdoors.com/playspo...-camera-bundle

Or would you buy a different kind from like best buy or somewhere like that? Hard drive, flash drive, mini dv?
Old 10-02-2010, 05:00 AM
Spike

What is your price range? There are several different options and it all depends on how much you want to spend. I currently use a Canon GL1 and GL2, they are older model prosumer cameras but produce great quality video at a fraction of the cost. You can get a used GL1 for under $500 and GL2 for under $700--Ebay. You MUST get a solid camera arm and head or the video will be shaky. Go to Campbell Outdoors for suggestions http://www.campbellcameras.com. If you are going with a consumer HD camera sony and canon both make some great models for $600 or less. These are smaller model cameras but should work for you. I personally would not go with the playsport if you want decent quality video. When I first started out I tried to go with the cheaper set up and it simply does not work.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Spike

Default Camera

I have filmed hunts for several different tv shows. I currently have a Canon XL1S and it is like all other eloctronics depending on what you want to try and do with it its hard to stay to date with it all. I am actually trying to sell mine right now.
It is the camera, Tripod, case, lenses, a couple tapes, two batteries and all the wires. If interested or know someone who is send me an e-mail. [email protected]
Old 10-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Spike

whatever u do make sure to check the cameras out first hand, and get one that is quite as possible, I use a panasonic DV Think it was 700. when i got it but don't like for one reason its noisy when going in and out of sleep mode. my old sony was better but video quality wasnt as good. so i sacrificed, unfortunately u can't go to cheap unless u buy used. the camera has to go thru some abuse. i don't think that kodak will' cut it.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Spike

I use Campbell cameras. They are a little expensive but they are really high quality. They also have a wide range of cameras designed to be used in the out doors. Check them out at www.campbellcameras.com