Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Louisiana hunting?

Old 09-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default Louisiana hunting?

I'm in the military and I'm stationed in New Orleans. So I'm new to the area and unfortunately do not know anyone here that also hunts whitetails. I was thinking about hunting at Fort Polk about 4 and a half hours away from here but does anyone here know where would be a good place to hunt here in Louisiana or maybe even Mississippi? HELP ME PLEASE!
Old 09-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Spike

Check out the WMA in Tangipahoa. No sense in driving that far when there is public land closer.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately for you, south LA. is not a deer hunting mecca. You may want to look into Three Rivers WMA. It's not too far north of you. There are tons of public places in north LA. I don't hunt public, but I know people who do, and do good up here. Big Lake WMA, Union WMA, Russell Sage WMA, Ouachita WMA, Tensas Fed Reserve, and Caldwell WMA just to name a few in north LA. All are in northeast LA. except Union, which is north central. There are plenty more, but these are loaded with deer. Get the 2010-11 LA. hunting regulations booklet. It will include all of the WMA's in LA. It will give you the information you need.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks bros
Old 09-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Spike

check out the sherburne wma
Old 09-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Spike

Go to www.bayoubucks.com and make your way to the forums. I promise you'll find more info on LA hunting than you know what to do with.

Welcome to our fine state and thank you for your service.