Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

sometimes.......

Old 09-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default sometimes.......

it really gets me on some of the ?'s asked on here. i understand if it's a new hunter and all. but some ?'s are a gimme from more exp. hunters and i'm like cmon you already know the answer. it's all good either way , but still........ what y'all think?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

The forum is here for discussion. If no one asked questions, we would not have a forum.-Jake
Old 09-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
The forum is here for discussion. If no one asked questions, we would not have a forum.-Jake
amen brotha!
Old 09-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

i guess the both of ya didn't even read my ?. re-read it and think.................
Old 09-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by noidurism
it really gets me on some of the ?'s asked on here. i understand if it's a new hunter and all. but some ?'s are a gimme from more exp. hunters and i'm like cmon you already know the answer. it's all good either way , but still........ what y'all think?
I understand where your coming from and sometimes wonder and ask myself the same thing. But with that said I also understand that not everyone on this forum was born and raised in the sticks and learned to hunt out of necessity. It's a different age now, even thou I pursue hunting now the same way I learned how, I am a dieing breed unfortunatly. Forums like this give me a chance to pass the old ways on or help others understand and sometimes even deffend. Sometimes it's hard to understand but, the only dumb question is the one not asked
Old 09-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
I understand where your coming from and sometimes wonder and ask myself the same thing. But with that said I also understand that not everyone on this forum was born and raised in the sticks and learned to hunt out of necessity. It's a different age now, even thou I pursue hunting now the same way I learned how, I am a dieing breed unfortunatly. Forums like this give me a chance to pass the old ways on or help others understand and sometimes even deffend. Sometimes it's hard to understand but, the only dumb question is the one not asked
i totally understand by this answer. i'm not bashing anyone or trying to......i guess it's somewhat when deer season rolls around , it blows my mind on some ?'s and answers........maybe i just have a burr up my *** tonight...........
Old 09-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Banned

Some people just needs a little reassurance from time to time to validate what they think is ok, or to figure out what they need to be a better hunter.

Then you have - even in Pennsylvania 4 out of every 10 children being raised by their mothers in a single parent home.
These children do not have fathers to guide them in the right direction and often times a neighbor or a friend from school gets them interested in hunting and at times the mothers has to get on the internet to figure out what she needs to buy to get her kids into hunting - god bless them.

When my girlfriends dad died, her mom went to a gun store and told the owner that she did not have a lot of money and wanted to buy her two sons rifles. He sold her a couple of pieces of junk, old army rifles for $350 each. For $350 each, I could have hooked them up with practically new .270's or 30/06 Savage rifles with scopes on them.

So anyone that asks a intelligent question, I will go out of my way to give them the proper answer. Even if it means getting on the nerves of the other forum members or making them mad when I dispute that you don't need Nosler Bullets or a Magnum caliber or a $500 Leupold scope to hunt whitetail deer.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just wait till you have been around here for eight or ten years and see the same ones over and over. I usually just try to think that those questions are new hunters. The main ones that really bother me are the "if you don't hunt like I hunt then you are an unethical hunter" type of post.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
I understand where your coming from and sometimes wonder and ask myself the same thing. But with that said I also understand that not everyone on this forum was born and raised in the sticks and learned to hunt out of necessity.
For myself, I was raised in the sticks, but never had anyone willing to teach me how and where to hunt.
So, for 35 years, I looked longingly at the dead deer riding in the back of people's trucks, wishing I knew how to do that, reading every hunting magazine, watching all the hunting on TV I could.
About 4 years ago, I was able to get someone to at least take me out, put me in a shoot house, and let me wait for ANY deer to come by. Never saw a thing that year, but I was gut hooked.
I've always been into archery, so I went and got a new bow (the one I had was 18 years old at the time).
I practice 2-4 times a week when the snow isn't flying, and shoot my long guns whenever I can.
This year, I'm extremely fortunate.
A friend of my brother's has agreed to take me along with him turkey hunting and help me with some tips and tricks for deer hunting.
For the past year, I've been looking for someone to show me better ways to hunt around here.
I know desert hunting, I don't know east coast woods hunting.
The only suggestion I can possibly make in this instance is, even though the question has been asked a thousand times, by a thousand people, that next time may be someone like myself who is really excited about this sport, very much interested in being an effective and responsible hunter, but really doesn't understand something or needs some clarification, or perhaps needs a little confidence boost to help him or her stay in the game from frustration.
I thank each and every one of you for the answers to my questions.
I thank you for all the insights, experiences, ideas, concepts, and opinions that you all share on these forums.
The depth and breadth of the knowledge here frequently amazes the cooties out of me, and I so look forward to putting some of that knowledge and theory to work for me this season.
I got skunked last year, and am praying as well as working hard, to make sure that doesn't happen 2 years in a row.
Again, everyone, thank you.
I very much appreciate you all, and I thank you for your time.
Good Luck, and God Bless
Superdave
Old 09-23-2010, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool

Great response DDMPercision I ditto all you said and likewise hope that my many simple questions do not rub people the wrong way. This will be my 2nd. deer season and I like you want to be successful in my goal of a Buck and Doe this year. Good Hunting To You! I hope my questions are worth the time it takes to type them and help others learn as I have when answered.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.