Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ky elk hunt

Old 09-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default ky elk hunt

ky reintroduced elk into the wild a few years back and since then they have had a lottery to draw a tag. The past few years its been around 1400 i believe and this year it dropped to 800. So out of everyone who entered my hunting partners 13 year old son got picked. What great luck, so this december ill be in eastern ky helping him elk hunt. Very exciting... just thought id share.

Last edited by kyslayer; 09-22-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

You won't have much luck...there are no elk in western Ky....They are only in the eastern counties. Good luck out there.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

lol i meant eastern ky.... knot county is where the cabin is
Old 09-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats! I'm in Virginia but only a few miles from the KY state line. VA is stocking them now also but we have a few killed around here every year. I was with a friend when he shot one with a 50 cal ML. I watched thru binos and swore he missed as it just flinched. It walked about 10 steps and piled up! Massive animal but tastes like sweet beef. Great eating! Good luck!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

I enterd but didn't get drawn. I gotta farm in wolf county ky and have herd the bulls bugle that's something to hear. The neighbor said he has seen a cow and calf and another neighbor said they seen a bull that was a 5x5.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Sounds like a great time is going to be had by all,a trip I hope of great memories and a good hunt with meat in the truck on the way home. Good Hunting to you and the little guy.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

from what i hear the odds of killing one are pretty good. we have been down a few times and gotten real close to them just scouting. Im excited