Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DO you see deer all the time

Old 09-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Spike

Default DO you see deer all the time

Do you guys see deer every time you hunt, or do you have spells where you see nothing. I did not see a thing today guess it just matters where they end up right?
Old 09-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

No I do not see deer every time I hunt, where are you hunting? seems a little early, Doc
Old 09-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

i have been out 3 times the past two weekends and havent seen a thing in my spot.... they will come, it deepends on pressure which they aretn getting much yet. And the waeather. Here in ky its still warm so they arent moving much. The spot you hunt can be dead right now and a hot spot when it cools off. Just hang in there. And by the way i live in kentucky and we have been in season since the fourth
Old 09-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

I do see deer almost every time I go out, but then again I know where they are. Now if I go to the public hunting area 3 miles from my house the answer would be no.... the reason being is it's a little 30 acre spot on a state lake and the deer don't stay there. In 5 seasons I've seen the same buck there twice. Almost bow killed him the first time but I was on the ground hiding behind a stump. He walked up to within 30 yards and busted me when I went to draw. The underbrush was up to his chin. That' s it.
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Spike

I hunt in New hampshire its been getting cool in the 4os tonight
Old 09-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Spike

im hunting areas where they can cross the roads alot and deer trails theres water company near by and the appalachian trail runs by i have pics from last week of deer coming in all times
Old 09-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

Missouri I dont, my average on stand is .5 (thats not half of a deer, just one every two stands). I hunt public land in MO.

On my family farm in Ohio I see at least 2 per stand. I know the land well which helps.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

im hunting a new lease this year.... 178 acres and its an all new farm to me... i picked a good area with a hillsidee full of cedars on one side and a nice stand of hardwoods on the other side of me. my stands on the edge of a creek bottom. I thought this would b very productive but like i said havent seen one yet. Hopefully it will change. The farm i used to hunt id usually see deer. so im missing that!
Old 09-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

I dont see deer every time I go I dont imagine anyone does,I would say the longest I go without seeing a deer is 6 days.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

Nope, not all the time, especially during the earlier part of the season. As the rut gets going, I see something most days and I am usually passing on the shot unless it's wide and old or no horns.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.