HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   What kind of land do you hunt on? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/329685-what-kind-land-do-you-hunt.html)

H.L.H 09-13-2010 02:17 PM

What kind of land do you hunt on?

What land do the majority of you guys hunt on? Is it your own, public, leased or something else? I'm just trying to find out what kind of land most people hunt on.

lswoody 09-13-2010 02:31 PM

I hunt private land. I get free permits from all of the landowners. Have never leased and hope I don't ever have to.

ADVWannabee 09-13-2010 02:33 PM

Private mostly but some public. I don't have any real good land to hunt so I take what I get.

halcon 09-13-2010 03:50 PM

Kind of a mix , I hunt my own plus my neighbors , a section of government land and a timber company holding which are all adjacent to my property .

Night Crawler 09-13-2010 04:33 PM

all Private family owned farm 2hrs away. private farm at my house. I help the farmer plant and pick for rights

Sniggle 09-13-2010 04:47 PM

My backyard 3 acres + 15 acres that my neighbor lets me hunt, public WMAs within 30 minutes of me (2) and my friends land about 2 hours away.

I like hunting my backyard best...10 minutes and I am in my stand.

BigDaddy12t 09-13-2010 05:35 PM

I have 1 spot, and it is about 15 acres if private land. It is about 50% CRP, and 50%woods. Not the best spot in the world, but I am the only one who gets to hunt it, so I can pretty much do as I please on it.

syrupman 09-13-2010 06:21 PM

i guess from the responces above i am somewhat spoiled....i hunt only private or invite...my grandfather has bout 140 acres of planted pines/and hardwoods near the creak...have my own farm which is on the otherside of the creek (the creek is the property line)and its another 140 acres with the same mix...me and my uncle hunt it together but i get my farm to myself...hes by turkey huntin buddy

PY Antlers 09-13-2010 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by syrupman (Post 3681638)
i guess from the responces above i am somewhat spoiled....i hunt only private or invite...my grandfather has bout 140 acres of planted pines/and hardwoods near the creak...have my own farm which is on the otherside of the creek (the creek is the property line)and its another 140 acres with the same mix...me and my uncle hunt it together but i get my farm to myself...hes by turkey huntin buddy

I know what you mean, I have also been very fortunate over the years to be able to hunt large tracts of private property. It's hard for me to relate to those that only have small tracts and public land to hunt. Even out of state I manage to hunt private by either having it tied up with a lease or helping the owner out when ever he asks.

Hunt or Die 09-13-2010 07:19 PM

All privately own property, if I'm not hunting my ground then I hunting a buddy's which is private. I hate dealing with the hassle of fighting off others hunters on most public land.