Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic. >

UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 2 Lunger
Again, homeslice, there is no such thing as a black phase cougar. It's scientifically impossible as they don't possess the gene to make that happen. The only black colored big cats in this world are that of a leapord or jaguar.
right on. where do you gain this info that Mt. Lions or Cougars can't be black. thats kinda racist don't ya think. always tryin to keep a black cat down. LOL
Old 09-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I found this in 2 seconds using google. When I get a chance I will find you a better article.

8. Can cougars be black?
There is no scientific documentation that a black color phase exists in cougars in North America. Several species of the larger spotted cats (leopard and jaguars) do have black color phases. An exotic cat called a jaguarundi, which looks somewhat similar to a cougar -- just a smaller size, has a black phase.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Spike

2 dogs ! I agree the back legs aren't large enough, they are bent different and the tail isn't long enough. I have a half shepard half lab laying on my floor right now, her tail is exactly like that.

Mountain Lions agree, black pathers disagree..
Old 09-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe everyone should just take 2lungers word that they are a dog and not a panther or couger
From what i understand he is an expert on female cougers......
Old 09-14-2010, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by dprsdhunter
I believe everyone should just take 2lungers word that they are a dog and not a panther or couger
I don't mind cougars, I kinda like one every once in awhile
Old 09-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dprsdhunter
You are correct. I have my female cougar reconition certificate. There is not another man on this thread who has had his hands on more female cougars than me.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can't see how those could even be close to a cougar. Tail length is too short. Also, Just look at the body of the back animal. It basically is extended out like what a dog does to smell a potential mate. You can also see the collar extending down below its neck. The body length is also too short to be that of a large cat. If this was a cougar the tail would be a lot longer. You can also tell my the slender size of the cats hindquarters. A wild cat has to have much larger hindquarters to take down the prey it catches. I've seen cougars in the wild, many times close up at the zoo close to my house and too many that I care to admit at the bars here in Chicago. Seems to be a couple hounds to me.

2 Lunger is right in all his findings as well. People may call animals black panthers but they don't exist. I think that the percentages lead to this picture being of dogs. Personally, I'd rather catch 2 sasquatches on camera mating, now that would be a good thread to read!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Coon hounds get my vote. Looks like the one on the left has a collar too. Know all about them. had a bunch run by my stand yestrday morn followed by the owners. Just watched and smiled.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo...acgeo-panther/

read this. I am not arguing with any one about these pics on this thread, I agree who really knows whats in these pics. But I now am on a mission about the Black Cougar. I have googled the do they exhist and I have found more of they do than they don't. I have a hard time with yeah theres black leopard's and black jags but yet oh no there can't be a black cougar. anything is possible, we have white deer don't we, and we have does with horns.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Night Crawler
70's my ass I am 30 now I saw my first one in 1995 in Columbia NC while hunting. my second sighting was in 1998 in Mashoe's NC. both areas are of the same terrain. and the second one was crossing the road at night and it pretty much took up 1 whole lane. I know what I saw, and I know they exhist. as for you, come down here and we will go on a panther hunt. I can take you to the first place I saw one and you can examin the tracks, the scratches on the tree's around the pond and make your conclusion then.
Wasn't referring to you when I said 70's...but most of the rest I was. And this is a forum, I don't know you, you don't know me, so why should I believe you...where's the evidence of these mammals in that region?

As far as the hunt goes, sunds good, I'm always down for a cougar/panther hunt. I like dark cougars as well as the light ones

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.