Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Scent Free Soap For Deer Hunting? >

Scent Free Soap For Deer Hunting?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent Free Soap For Deer Hunting?

Old 09-10-2010, 04:39 AM
LC
Spike

Default Scent Free Soap For Deer Hunting?

Is there a scent free soap for deer hunting, that doesn't dry your skin out.
I Hate to get ready to deer hunt, and itch all over.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

alot of the hunters body wash you buy in the sports stores have moisturizers in them
Old 09-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

a big debate is gonna start here i go:

you dont need that scent free stuff its a waste of money all of it, soap deoderant, gum, and all the others just play the wind
Old 09-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

The scent-away is the best in my opinion...doesnt dry me out.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

yep, play the wind. I have had more deer come from downwind than I can shake a stick at. that's fine if rifle hunting from a distance.

I use scent away products liquid body soap, have had no issues of dryness.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Spike

Hunter Specialties Scent-A-Way Antibacterial Liquid Soap is advertised as having moisturizer added to it. Scent soaps alone won't hide your smell though playin the wind is still the best bet.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the soap and play the wind.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by marlin30/30_drabe
a big debate is gonna start here i go:

you dont need that scent free stuff its a waste of money all of it, soap deoderant, gum, and all the others just play the wind
You beat me to it. I totally agree!
Old 09-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Spike

lol why take a chance of not being as scent free as possible?id rather be safe than sorry.i like dead down wind.it has always worked really well for me...Deer are unpredictable sometimes they do come down wind SO doesn't it make scence to be as scent free as possible?

Last edited by MandRroofing; 09-11-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MandRroofing
lol why take a chance of not being as scent free as possible?id rather be safe than sorry.i like dead down wind.it has always worked really well for me...Deer are unpredictable sometimes they do come down wind SO doesn't it make scence to be as scent free as possible?
Sure being scent free helps. But think about it, you wash in scent free soap and shampoo and it usually has washing soda or baking soda ingrediant. Which is sodium bicarbonate it does elimiminate odours but it also opens up hair and skin pours in humans, doesn't close them.I In order to be scent free you need your skin and hair pours closed or you will taking on scent, the minute you jump in your vehical or sit down to eat or wherever you stop before you hunt.The best thing to do is wash in this stuff and then saturate yourself in a hunting scent this will close your pours imediately after you shower.So shower and apply your Deer scent directly on you, and stink up your house and piss the wife off reapply the minute you get into the field and keep applying.I don't know how far you are willing to go to kill big gamebut for me there are a couple of limitations.You have to know how this stuff works on humans and don't jump to the conclusion that baking or washing soda works all the time.It does get you scent free but it also opens up your pours to take on any new odours soon after.So I'm gonna tell you what I do I shower with baking soda in extemely hot water this wil really open up the skins
pours, and then turn that water to extremely cold to close them.It's not ideal perfect solution but if you keep yourself clean and cold drive without heat, when you get to the field warm yourself up and them apply your scent when your pours open up.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 09-11-2010 at 08:59 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.