Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Backpack on day trip

Old 07-09-2003, 04:36 PM

Default Backpack on day trip

How many of you were a back pack when going to the stand or out in the field for the day? Or do you use the fanny waist pack or nothing at all?

What ever you use what do you usually take in the pack?
Old 07-09-2003, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Backpack on day trip

I always carry a daypack with all the gear I would need ,even if I had to stay out for the night . I also carry a cell phone or radio . I have never needed it but there can always be the first time .
Old 07-09-2003, 05:04 PM

Sorry for my stupidity, but what do you call a Day pack? Is it a pack you wear around your waist or a back pack?

Thanks
Old 07-09-2003, 05:35 PM

Backpack all the way. You' ve gotta have somewhere to keep the:

-extra ammo
-drag rope
-binocs
-knives
-flashlight
-snacks
-Camelbak
-calls
-extra socks
-safety harness

and whatever else you' re bringing along.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

never did...one year i carried a fanny pack but it didnt cut it...this year im getting a pack......and a hydration system so i can sit there and suck on water all day without opening a bottle....and this year i plan to " hunt" not just kill my deer and be gone.....normally im out of hte woods by 10am by the time we get back to camp and eat its getting dark and we call it a day and sit back and relax...if we have tags left we go back out...but this year im acting like i have no doe tags until my buck is down...i want bigger antlers.....so a pack is a must to carry everything to keep me comfy all day......food..water....extra clothes...ammo...cellphone...knives...survival kit...if im ever lost out there or have to pull an over nighter i will be prepared and live to see the next day....rather comfortably too compared to most people lost with nothing but thier wet clothes on their backs and their gun....
Old 07-09-2003, 09:14 PM

I carry a camo back pack. I have my calls in it, scents, license, knife, axe, saw and emergency paper . I always take mine with me. I used to have one of them fanny packs, but it kept loosening on me and falling off my waist, so I went to a back pack.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:21 PM

I carry a camo backpack also filled with my goodies, Food,drink, scents, calls,rope,gloves, hat. If it was big enough I would bring my blanket and pillow.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

i always use a daypack, carry in it all the items i will need for the day and maybe even the night if i happen to get turned around or just get back in too far to make it out before dark. in the bottem of my pack is a drop cloth and a small roll of duct tape, with this i could make me a shelter. i have never had to open it, but is is nice to know it is there. my pack has plenty of outside pockets on it to carry items such as drag rope, knife, flashlight, batteries, extra matches or lighters, food for the day and some extra, drinks, etc. always nice to have to pack to carry items of clothing i am not going to wear while i am walking into the woods. carry a backpack if you are going out for the day, expecially if you are in strange territory.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:29 PM

I' d have to agree with what Lee is saying, too. I' m usually in very familiar territory when I hit the woods, but if I was going someplace where I wasn' t sure of the lay of the land, a day pack would include an extra shirt or sweater (for cold nights), matches, a way to create a shelter, and even more food.

I carry the backpack I mentioned at the beginning of the thread when I' m walking back and forth to my morning stand (half-mile walk at the most).
Old 07-10-2003, 12:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can' t stand wearing fanny packs.I don' t like how they feel around my waist,plus I can never get all the gear I need in one.Daypack all the way for me.

Quick Reply: Backpack on day trip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.