Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 how many bucks have you seen this summer so far >

how many bucks have you seen this summer so far

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how many bucks have you seen this summer so far

Old 07-13-2003, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how many bucks have you seen this summer so far

For me only one so far. But I really haven' t been looking either. But the one I did see was laying on the side of the road[:' (]. He looked like he would of been a nice deer this year and if he made it till next year he would of been a real looker.

Brian
Old 07-13-2003, 09:55 AM

Up here we can spot them till September,we went out last night for about 2 1/2 hours and saw 15 decent bucks from 8 points up.We have spotted as many as 38 bucks in a night when we go out later after midnight and they are all in bachelor groups.Sometimes you' ll see up to 7 bucks in a group.Antlers are out past the ears on a lot of them now so the cams will all go out monday or tuesday.

woods
Old 07-13-2003, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

saw a four nice ones down south while we went down there to pull some fence posts...........
then we just started doing the deer counts where i work , the first night we saw not a single deer, the next night there was a nice 8 pointer, i think i saw the same deer the next day , but couldnt count the tines, but he' s a mature buck for sure, probably 3 or 4 years old and the night after that , we saw 14 but we couldnt identify all of them and the ones we did, well they were does/yearlings, one spotted fawn.......we have 4 or 5 more, hopefully we' ll see more
Old 07-15-2003, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

been seeing alot of deer saw a very nice non typ 9 pointer and a few 6 pointers and an 8. seen a spike or two where i hunt and waiting to see the big one i saw last year UF he is still around
Old 07-28-2003, 09:42 PM

I have seen 4 bucks this summer so far.
- First 2 were in mid June. The one I got a close look at looked pretty nice for the time of year. The other one was back in the bush further and ran away. Saw antlers, not sure how big he was.
- The second one was at the end of June. Nice buck. 10 points.
- The last one- About a week and a half ago I was on my friend' s Yamaha Kodiak. I was cruising by a canola field and saw something suspicious looking about 100-150 yards out in the field. It looked like a wide non-typical deer rack... either that or a strange cluster of weeds. I yelled and whistled. but the object didn' t move. I laughed at myself for being so foolish and started the 4-wheeler again. As I sped away I looked back towards the object and it was gone. haha. What a sneaky buck. I would estimate this buck to be well past 20 inches wide. His rack wasn' t tall, but it should still maintain some impressive mass even after he rubs the velvet off. I sure wish I would have had a camera!
Old 07-29-2003, 03:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

total so far as been16 bucks and umteen does........a couple of more deer counts and we' ll be done......
Old 07-29-2003, 05:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well I haven' t seen a buck yet, I know they are there but where I have been scouting is really thick, I plan on putting a stand in place and haveing a seat before the season opens and see what I see.
Old 07-29-2003, 07:14 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-29-2003, 08:18 PM

saw a good bit of bucks this year 3 nice 8 points a big 12 point a four point and five point and a ton of does and fawns this is all where i hunt saw a lot more spotting
Old 08-01-2003, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

mn here... seen lots of bucks... big non-typical the other day.... along wiht 2 other wall hangers... the non-typicals probly ove 15 points.... gonna see if i can hunt the land he' s on.... i know the owner and his wife doesn' t like all the big bucks.. they tear up her trees.... so i' m pretty sure they' ll let me... plus i hunt with their grandson

Quick Reply: how many bucks have you seen this summer so far

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.