Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
WOW.  Pa biologist speaks out against deer management ! >

WOW. Pa biologist speaks out against deer management !

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WOW. Pa biologist speaks out against deer management !

Old 09-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Spike

Default WOW. Pa biologist speaks out against deer management !

A Pa biologist, Dr. Eveland, former pgc biologist who actually structured Pennsylvanias bear and elk plans has taken the initiative to look into the deer plan and found that Pa deer management is being directed by a very small faction of audubon & a few other individuals. He has also studied in depth the program itself and found that the claims of it being necessary in the name of some kind of “science” is 100% inaccurate.

http://acslpa.org/html/john_evland_videos.html

Of most interest towards deer management in his presentation is vids 4 through 8.

Last edited by Rufous; 09-05-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

Don't have time to watch it all, but no surprise here. It was always about money with the Game Commission.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

I've heard Biologists disagree with a lot of laws and management practices. Opinions vary among them just as it does the rest of us.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

Just came back from spending 4 days in Western PA. did not see one deer on the entire trip. Did not see one dead deer on the side of the road. This has been the happening more and more each time I go there. Will be goin back up in Octoner and if I see more than 5 I will be suprised. The deer population in this state is a crime of some sort. Sorry but I was raised in North west PA and could always count on seeing deer whenever i went back. Now nothing. Why????
Old 09-08-2010, 10:18 AM
JW
Super Moderator

BT is that you?

JW
Old 01-10-2011, 06:02 AM
Spike

This guy was never employed by the game commission or PSU. He was only a student there helping with some research. He's a total fraud. Look him up, you'll find nothing on him. It's another mountain lion farce. And the video simply regurgitates conspiracies of years gone by.