Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Rapid decrease in deer trail cam numbers >

Rapid decrease in deer trail cam numbers

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Rapid decrease in deer trail cam numbers

Old 08-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Rapid decrease in deer trail cam numbers

ok the second week i put out my trail camera i had 34 does come in one week..and now two weeks later i had 4 deer come...they are over a gravity corn feeder in a 2 acre plot with planted corn that is now ready but wasnt when we had 34 does come...what is happening
Old 08-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Deer change their patterns as the food sources change. They like corn, but they like other foods also.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Spike

how much rain have you gotten??
Old 08-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

pretty good amount...it is crazy this time a year in georgia it can be perfecly clear in the mornin and raining heavy in the afternoon
Old 08-22-2010, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer at this time of year still have a variety of foods to choose from. The closer to Fall we get, their preferred food supply diminishes and their options smaller and that corn will start looking more appetizing then.

Just give it time. Keep us informed later on about those deer numbers.

iSnipe
Old 08-23-2010, 04:57 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
acorns are starting to fall, put your cam under a live oak.
RR
x2 Find the acorns!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

Could be that you checked the cam too soon and spooked the deer. I have had that problem in the past, where I get something like 15 bucks on cam one week, 5 the next and 1 or 2 the third. That was a few years ago and I attributed it to checking them too often. Try to check your cams only about twice a month.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

this is what the field looks like sitting in the stand looking forward...30 yrds of planted pines behind us then a paved road.to the left there are planted pines which is where the deer come out from...in very back there is roughly 100 yards of clear hardwoods with a creek... the feeder is in the back left where there is a road that we built with the bulldozer...
Old 08-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Spike

Here in central ky, white oak acorns are starting to fall, and most of my deer have moved to the alfalfa, with all the rain we have had, almost time for the 3rd cut on the alfalfa field.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Spike

I'm guessing the food source changed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.