HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Hunting over Bait (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/327551-hunting-over-bait.html)

StealthHtr22 08-13-2010 07:03 AM

As long as your not doing it around where I hunt (which is illegal), I'll keep my comments to myself. Follow the law and it's your business.

I hunt the way I feel hunting it is suppose to be done...

nchawkeye 08-13-2010 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by bigcountry (Post 3662493)
With all long post, and how easy it is with all these crops, why do you bait???

why not just do it so easy as you say shooting soybean fields with rifles??

Never said I did...Just offering another viewpoint... :)

I do hunt over soybeans and peanuts and corn and wheat...Frankly, I hunt much more with a bow and a flintlock rifle that I made in the 80s than I do with a centerfire...In years past, I killed 10-20 deer a year to get the doe population in check...Fortunately, my nieces and nephews are now of the age that they can take care of the numbers we need to kill and I can concentrate on enjoying the experience...

bigcountry 08-13-2010 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by vermont bowhunter (Post 3662504)
i could care less what other hunters do..its none of my affair how yall hunt and it shouldnt be anyones elses either..ill use what ever is leagle to get meat in my freazer..like my pappy used to say all the time horns are horns you cant eat em..we dont have monster bucks in vermont and never will,,why do you supose all those big deer live out west,,,hhhhmmm corn and other farms,,,get real,,you wont use bait but youll set in a corn field,,,what differance is there in setting in the oaks,,,because you know the acorns are dropping,,and the deer will be feeding heavy,,,or putting out food because you know deer like it..busting a cap on him with his head in his dinner plate is the same any way you look at it,,,it dont bother me one bit,,at least he would have had a few good last meals...lol smoke em

One thing, it sure is entertaining to see how baiters get all worked up.

SJAdventures 08-13-2010 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by bigcountry (Post 3662558)
One thing, it sure is entertaining to see how baiters get all worked up.

Then I'd say your mission was accomplished.

bigcountry 08-13-2010 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by SJAdventures (Post 3662775)
Then I'd say your mission was accomplished.

Man, you got to realize this is the internet. Ain't nothing on here to get all up in a tizzy for. Thats just ignorant to be upset how others feel

dkhamner 08-14-2010 12:55 AM

Are we going to talk about "high fence" hunting? Is that cheating?

zrexpilot 08-14-2010 03:01 AM

hunter = food
sportsman= challenge
I am prolly guilty of both, everytime I pick up my bow I become a sportsman, when I want to eat I pick up my rifle and become a hunter.

Most of the time I am trying to put meat in the freezer and feel no need to give an animal a chance, its not a game for me, I kill chit, thats what I do.

SJAdventures 08-14-2010 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by bigcountry (Post 3662878)
Man, you got to realize this is the internet. Ain't nothing on here to get all up in a tizzy for. Thats just ignorant to be upset how others feel

Ain't that statement "the pot calling the kettle black"?

BigBuck95 08-14-2010 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by dkhamner (Post 3662903)
Are we going to talk about "high fence" hunting? Is that cheating?

Sure. Like shooting fish in a barrel.......:throw:

superstrutter 08-14-2010 09:15 AM

I think the poll result so far speaks for itself. If you want to hunt over corn or a feeder, then go for it, as long as it's legal. I occasionally do it when bow hunting. Great way to get a couple 1 1/2 yr. old does for the freezer.