Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Evening & Morning Spots

Old 08-10-2010, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question Evening & Morning Spots

Do any of you have hunting spots that can only be hunted at certain times of the day? I have a spot where if you try to get in the morning you will spook the deer that bed down very close to their feeding area at times. It is a small compact area that you can work your way into very slowly in the middle of the day say 2 or 3 oclock if you are very quite and circle the main beding area about 75 yards away.Is this a common thing for many of you even when the wind is in your favor? I would like to get in there early but so far I have only spooked them trying to do so even though I've never tried say 4 in the morning only 6 or so.One problem is the fact that this property is narrow and only alows one way in and one way out with other private properties bordering it. The deer tracts in this corn/bean field each year are endless and go in every direction.Trail cams are not an option due to theft issues in the past.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe try setting your treestand farther away if you can and let the deer come to you.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Many times I have had spots that are strictly a morning hunt or strictly an evening hunt just for the same reasons as you stated in your post. Also I have had places I only hunted in the mornings because it was in a big bottom and the thermals carry your scent up out of the bottoms in the mornings.