Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

no bucks on trail camera

Old 08-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default no bucks on trail camera

i havent had any bucks on my trail camera this year...it is looking over a gravity feeder with corn...10 yards from my 2 acre food plot with planted corn...i know there are bucks around we have seen a non typical and typical huge bucks hanging in our pecan orchard...we know there are plenty bucks on our farm and during season they come to the foodplot...we refill the feeder each week and get the pics...for what its worth i havent seen a newborn,yearling or any small doe for that reason on the trail camera...we had 34 does come in a week...not even a spike came
Old 08-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

I'll trade you some bucks if you give me some does. lol. We have twice even maybe 3 times as many bucks as we do does thanks to Earn A Buck that the Wisconsin DNR thinks we need.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

At our camp in upstate PA, all I'm getting are does and fawns. I got a couple of spikes but not many.

This is not uncommon in the summer. The mature bucks are in bacherol herds together, probably in the thick stuff somewhere. When the lose their velvet, they'll start moving more. By October, they'll be looking for does - which will be at your feeder.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The downright nerve of those bucks;

canceling their photography appointments.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:47 AM
Fork Horn

How long has the feeder been in place?
Old 08-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
At our camp in upstate PA, all I'm getting are does and fawns. I got a couple of spikes but not many.

This is not uncommon in the summer. The mature bucks are in bacherol herds together, probably in the thick stuff somewhere. When the lose their velvet, they'll start moving more. By October, they'll be looking for does - which will be at your feeder.
i would say move your camera. does are gonna be herded up together as well as bucks. find some larger buck tracks and set a mineral site or another feeding site somewhere else on your property. you'll find em eventually.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

its been there for 3 weeks
Old 08-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

try putting the cam on trails going into/out of the pecans
Old 08-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

is it the camera? i had a ten show get spooked from the camera and he never came back. Even IR will spook the smart ones.