Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Where to hunt

Old 08-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Where to hunt

Last year I saw deer at two places and at different times of day. One spot I saw them in AM and other in PM. But which one do I Start at on opening day? Because the one I saw deer at in AM last year I have seen a lot at in the PM this year when scounting.

Thanks
Old 08-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Hunt at one spot in the morning then mid day switch to the next one if you can. That's what i do sometimes since i hunt on my own property i'll hunt one spot in the morning then go back home eat then head back out to another spot.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Spike

You need to ask yourself why they were there at that time you saw them. Were they heading to food , cover , water , from pressure maybe a south facing hill because of cold weather there is a reason for them being there . Hope this helps good luck !
Old 08-02-2010, 04:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would try a couple of trail cameras to verify the times the deer are using the areas. Two things get a bucks attention, food and sex.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

these guys have basically covered it
Old 08-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Spike

In the woods!!!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

Early season hunt in the morning... cooler temp, deer will be more likely to be on the feet
Old 08-05-2010, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

Its not like there is only 1 day to hunt, go the one you have saw them at lately and if it doesnt work out you have the rest of the season
Old 08-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Spike

My best suggestion is to ask the deer. Not trying to be a smart about it but what I've found over the last 20 years is that you can never count on the deer to do what they did the day before. Not in my area anyway. Go with your gut. Just because they were there last year at a particular time doesnt make it so for the following year.