Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Busted!

Old 07-22-2010, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

one afternoon i was sitting in a ditch that ran by a corn feild. at about 8 0'clock i heard a deer moving in the corn so i got ready. a nice 8 point came out and i was extreamly nervouse. it was the first deer i ever saw bow hunting. so the deer is out there about 30 yards and walkign away towards a woods. i grunt at him and he doubles back right at me. he crosses the ditch and i draw back then. he stops at about 15 yards, but i thought it was about 20 yards. the deer was already alert the way it was. and when i shot. he ducked and the arrow flew right over his back. DAMN! he then ran about 20 yards. turned around put his nose in the air. blew then put up he white flag. BUSTED!
Old 07-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

As I carefully still hunted the LONG way through a marsh to get to my ladder stand, I soon realized why I placed a stand there!

BECAUSE there are Deer there...!!! Fool

A big buck and Doe must have watched for some time while inching along knowing I was going to step foot onto of this knoll where my stand is located. The two deer managed to slip off into the thick brush a mere 5 yards into the marsh. Well as I laid 3-steps down onto this knoll "the freight train" from the brush took off scareing the bejesus out of me.

I was flabbergasted to say the least thinking I was a hunting ninja, but managed to flip my safty on the muzzleloader off and put the scopes cross hairs on his bounding body. This hunting area is slighly populated so I opted to hope he would stop verses throwing a sabot in the air and chancing a miss. He would have been my best buck to date if I would have connected...

I have two other stories like this, with extremly large bucks, but the story is the same - but different