Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A few trail cam pics:-)

Old 06-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default A few trail cam pics:-)

These pics are from my backyard. I own 9 acres, 3 has the house, 3 are horse pasture, and the back 3 are woods adjacent to approx. 40 acres between 2 bean fields. Over the last 3 day, I got over 70 pictures of somewhere between 15-20 different deer passing through my bit of hunting heaven.

The pictures are over a salt lick I have had going for 2.5 years now, about 15 yards from one of the trees I climb.

Needless to say, I wish October was here.

(I found I need to save and then open the .pdf files)
Attached Thumbnails A few trail cam pics:-)-mdgc0020-1-.pdf   A few trail cam pics:-)-mdgc0016-1-.pdf   A few trail cam pics:-)-mdgc0014-1-.pdf  

Last edited by Sniggle; 06-21-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

nice bucks
Old 06-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

More pictures, new buck...this one has 11 or 12 points.....I am so psyched....and all just a 5 minute walk out my back door.

Add: I have been looking closer at the pictures of him tonight. There are definitely 12 points...5 typical on the right, a unicorn horn, and 6 on the left to include a forked point.
Attached Thumbnails A few trail cam pics:-)-mdgc0016a.jpg   A few trail cam pics:-)-mdgc0018a.jpg  

Last edited by Sniggle; 06-23-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

NICE!!Hes a good buck
Old 06-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Typical Buck

thats insane for june. im sure wv is just like ohio in terms of growth right?
Old 06-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

Nice deer. Very impressive for June growth. Btw, you might want to update the date/year on your camera so it gives you accurate moon data.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mcraddock
Nice deer. Very impressive for June growth. Btw, you might want to update the date/year on your camera so it gives you accurate moon data.
Good point, Mcr. The month/day/time is right, but I screwed up on setting the year. I will remedy when I next pull the card on Sunday.

Stormdog, got me on the growth rate for WV. This will be only my 3rd year hunting (started late at 44). In our area we had a really bad bluetongue outbreak in 2007 that killed 60-80% of the deer in a 4 square mile area, so maybe these survivors are benefitting from ample food and good residual genes.

It did blow my socks off when I saw that guy on the cam. Had trouble sleeping last night just thinking about him walking under my stand, his neck swelled from the rut...
Old 06-27-2010, 06:20 PM
Spike

Hey man those are some NICE bucks. I just started using a new product to the markey this year that really pulls the deer into my camera. I hunt ground that's just about as big as yours, and I live in Nebraska so we're just covered in corn. The one attractant I have really found to pull the deer in is BB2. It's manufactured and developed by Big and J Industries. Seriously man, give it a shot. I can assure you that within the night that you put it out your trail cam pics in that exact spot will sky rocket.