Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

PA Boomer Buck - Pics

Old 06-17-2010, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default PA Boomer Buck - Pics

This guy was shot in a non-disclosed area of PA last season. Somewhere in the northeast. Since it's not my buck, I don't think I should give out location. I just thought PA has been dubbed the small buck state for so many years that we should show off our big ones when they come along. The green score is reported as 178 but it looks bigger to me. The pictures don't do the rack justice. The mass is unbelievable.
Attached Thumbnails PA Boomer Buck - Pics-2009-boomer.jpg   PA Boomer Buck - Pics-2009-boomer-2.jpg  
Old 06-17-2010, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
This guy was shot in a non-disclosed area of PA last season. Somewhere in the northeast. Since it's not my buck, I don't think I should give out location. I just thought PA has been dubbed the small buck state for so many years that we should show off our big ones when they come along. The green score is reported as 178 but it looks bigger to me. The pictures don't do the rack justice. The mass is unbelievable.
That's a great deer man. The pics do the rack justice, I promise! I don't think some people understand just how big 178" is on a whitetail. Think of it as 2" from 180 and it sounds bigger
Old 06-17-2010, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by gbrownlee
That's a great deer man. The pics do the rack justice, I promise! I don't think some people understand just how big 178" is on a whitetail. Think of it as 2" from 180 and it sounds bigger
yes pictures do a rack justice. i learned how to score deer from a b&c certified scorer and that deer is bigger than 180 ill tell you that. congrats to your friend he may never see a deer like that again in his life
Old 06-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I score for NBBC I would be surprised if that doesn't green score higher than 178 although sometimes pics are decieving but looks pretty big to me, regardless of score, an awesome trophy
Old 06-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw it from every different angle as they were hanging it up and it is simply amazing. You can't see the mass in the pictures but it is thick all the way to the tips of the main beams.

It was aged at 4.5 yo. That's even more impressive.

The Pennsylvania mountains are not known for their great nutrition. So that tells me that age and genetics are a big part of the equation. This buck lived old enough to see his genetic potential. That tells me that I could also shoot a Booner in PA if they get the age on them to grow to full potential.

Easier said than done, though.