Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Got my 2010 buck back from taxi >

Got my 2010 buck back from taxi

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got my 2010 buck back from taxi

Old 05-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got my 2010 buck back from taxi

I was out back moving some dirt around with the loader when my dad shows up and puts his hands above his heads like deer antlers and I knew right away that my deer mount got done, so I hurried over and put the loader away and then we were off to the taxi.

This is my biggest buck so far.

Here is a picture of both the bucks I got this year. The euro mount is my biggest with a bow and the mounted guy is my biggest overall and I got him with a muzzleloader. Smaller one scored 112 7/8 and the bigger one scored 115 3/8 but I think I forgot something on him because he looks much bigger than the small one.

What do you guys think of the mount? Our taxi has been a long time friend with our family and he went to school with my dad and he just got into taxidermy this past year and this was his first deer season. I think he said he had 32 deer mounts (mix of euro and shoulder mounts) to do. He also did a raccoon hide for us and we have a bear hide from last year going to him next week. But all the deer he has done so far have turned out great! Much better than our old taxidermist.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

The mount is really nice, I also like that corner shelf above the TV. I am stealing your idea and making one of those of my own.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice! Got luck this year.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

I too like the corner mount. I have seen one like that with a rooster and hen pheasant. The shoulder mount looks good. Looks like you are definately heading in the right direction and have something to try and top for this year. Good job and good luck.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats awsome!
Old 05-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MO Archer
The mount is really nice, I also like that corner shelf above the TV. I am stealing your idea and making one of those of my own.
I've made a couple more of them. One I have in my room and its of two deer locked together. Another is of a big deer my dad shot this year laying in a corn field with a couple turkey feathers in it. Lol, go ahead and take the idea but make sure you use old barn boards. It looks better...
Old 05-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Congratulations!
NICE DEER!!! NICE MOUNT!!!! I'd be darn proud of that one!!
I think that guy has a good future in the taxademy trade!!!
Doc
Old 05-24-2010, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice... congrats...
Old 05-24-2010, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

Nice deer, great looking mount!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

Talking

Pope94/Ia
The mount is great and your dad's friend did a great job, I love the different colouration in the facial hair. Don't let the size of the antlers be a minimum for your next deer. Let the enjoyment of the hunt be the factor. keep the fun in the hunt . God Bless
Rocky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.