Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what to do

Old 05-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default what to do

Well me and me dad have a new bow hunting spot and I was wonderen what to do this early of a year to start getten a idea of whats in their. Me and dad saw 2 or 3 dandy buck's within prolly a mile of this place last year do ya'll figure theirs any chance they'll make their way back to this place? During turkey season we seen deer and also coyotes on a daily basis.Anyways any help would be nice.I also found a dead 6 points skull within 200 yard's of the field about 3 months back,so I have high expectation's for this place.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keeping your eyes open is good. You would do well to get online for a topo map and aerial photo. Also, some walking the property would be good. Look for fences and fence crossings, creeks, funnels, benches, saddles, cliffs, bluffs--anything that forces deer to move in a predictable direction. Mapping the trails might be helpful; look especially for places where they come together. If you can identify bedding areas and food sources in the area, so much the better.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Deer commonly range over an area a lot larger than a mile, so not only is it within those buck's range, but also other bucks. Put out a couple of camera's ain August and you should start getting some pictures.