Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why Do You Film Your Hunts?

Old 05-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Spike

Lightbulb Why Do You Film Your Hunts?

I'd appreciate your insight about filming hunts as I conduct a survey.

Would you please provide me with (why you) enjoy taking your camera out and filming the sport of hunting. Is it memories? Bragging rights? To be the next TV star? A Showpiece? ETC....

I'm interested in uncovering what drives you to capture a hunt on film. When it's all said and done, why is it that you do it? Emotions...feelings....let it out and let me know.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Fork Horn

Wow hmmm good question! #1 I absolutely love hunting, and taking a video camera out w/me was a great way have the opportunity to share mine and my friends' hunting expereiences with anyone who enjoyed that kinda thing...
#2 It is also an absolute TON of work depending on how much u put into it i guess.. but still its fantastic being able to look back in slow-mo how everything went down, and really be able to visualize the whole scenario... most times for me everything goes by in a blur!
I never started videoing with the dream of going big, moreso just something to share with my friends and family, and as i mentioned it is a huge accomplishment to lay down good footage - so yeah braggin rights as well!
I find that in the moment it does take away from the actual hunting experience like the one-on-one with ur quarry, but for afterwards - it provides epic memories!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

memories and somewhat of an extra challenge. i have only filmed turkey hunts and have been for about 6 years. it is a little more challenging, but for the most part we like looking back on the footage to remember past times.